Captivity(Jaime POV)

Start from the beginning

I smile fakely, knowing that I had lost. He was smarter than I thought. Good. A point for the Starks. Zero for the Lannisters.

"Come on, pretty man", said a guard as he dragged me away.

I was brought to the side of camp. They had no cages yet I guessed, so I was strapped with iron shackles on my wrists, legs and neck to some stone. I had no way of getting out, and nobody was going to help me here. Stark men were all annoyingly honorable and loyal.

Gods if my men were like that, maybe I wouldn't be here right now, rotting as I was strapped to some rock.

It was terribly dull sitting here all night, uncomfortable too. It was stupid attack the Stark Lord on the street, stupid that I underestimated the boy. 

Cercei was right, I am the stupidest Lannister.

But not just for losing this battle, and possibly starting all of this by attacking Lord Stark. But also because I didn't tell Audelia how I felt. I had a clear chance, when she didn't know what I had done to her brother, and that I was with my sister. When everything was alright and she kissed me on the cheek. But as I always do it, I blow it. I run away, because I was scared and angry that they had my brother.

And now I don't even know if I will ever see her again. For all I know, I could be killed in a few minutes. Or a few years. While she was stuck in King's Landing with nobody, in a strange land. She will most likely be married when I come back. 

If I come back.

I couldn't imagine her with anybody else. Although I spend so little time with her, that time when Joffrey invited her for an outing. The rage it send me in, I hadn't felt that in a very long time. Just imagining her laughing at another mans jokes, sharing his bed, him getting the kisses on the cheek, her showing him attitude that attracted me the most in her. 

She was a rare woman. She was kind, strong, smart, beautiful, inspiring, cocky, funny, clever, every positive word. And any man would be lucky to have her. I just hoped that I would have been lucky enough to have a chance.

"Here, Kingslayer. Some food", said a guard as he approached. I was startled as I hadn't heard him coming but I didn't let it show. I looked behind him and saw many soldiers whispering, some even looked sad. Everybody seemed quiet and I had thought that they would be celebrating all night, drinking beer, stumbling drunkenly, perhaps give me an opening to escape. But nothing like that happened for the majority of the night. 

"What happened?", I asked, confused as to why everyone seemed so down. They had just won a great battle, and captured possibly the best prisoner one could think of. But they looked to be mourning.

"Shouldn't we ask you", spit back the guard. "Your family is all to blame".

"What happened?", I ask, more forcefully this time.

"Ned Stark is dead. He was beheaded by the grace of the King", replied the guard looking me up and down with his brown eyes. "You happy? Now let me tell ye. Robb Stark ain't gonna stop now. He's out for the blood of the new King".

"New King?", I repeated.

What's happened while I was away.

"Aye, King Robert is dead", informed me the guard and then shook his head while laughing darkly. "It's now King Joffrey".

Seven Hells. 

Don't get me wrong, I was happy King Robert was dead. That old drunk didn't know how to be King in the slightest but Joffrey being King? He was my flesh and blood, my son but he wasn't right in the head. I loved him, dearly. But if he were to be King, this could end badly.