Chapter 3: His Remorse

Start from the beginning

As I heard him stand up and leave saying "goodbye princess" I thought it was safe to wake up. So I went to go grab the cup of water that was previously made for me when Hailey was checking me over, however she left it too far out of reach from the bed so I stood up to go get it however the second I stood up the pain shot through me making me fall to my knees, only to hear the door swing open as Jeremiah came running through.

"What are you doing you were told to stay in bed!" Jeremiah said while picking me up bridal style and placing me back down on the bed.

"I was only trying to get the cup of water from over there" i said pointing to the cup "You should've just shouted to me I was only outside" Jeremiah said with a pleading expression

"Okay next time I will" I said trying to get out of this uncomfortable conversation. As Jeremiah pasted me the cup of water, Hailey came walking through the door smiling at the sight of my awakening.

"Ahh you awake sleepy head, you've been out for almost 4hrs" She said. "You know I'm surprised Jeremiah hasn't gone and gotten something to eat yet" Hailey said with a smirk on her face.

"What do you mean?" I said glancing over at Hailey who was fiddling with papers. "He hasn't left you since you fell asleep" she said again as I slowly turned my head to Jeremiah who was surprisingly already looking at me

"Well actually I was going to leave but then I heard Maeve shout" he said still keeping eye contact with me.

"What happened?" Hailey asked which I was thankful for as I wanted the subject to change. "Oh I just wanted to grab the cup of water you left me" I said to them as they both were now glancing at me.

"What did I tell you about getting up?" Hailey said to me with a worried expression. "I'm fine! But do you have like paracetamol as my head really hurts." I replied back holding my head "Well I don't have that exact pill as it won't help you" Hailey said to me while I stared confusingly "Well the bruises and way you haven't been fed or watered affects the pills you can take so you need to eat and I will give you a different pill" Hailey said answering my question while Jeremiah started down to the floor with a face full of remorse.

"What's wrong?" I said to Jeremiah as Hailey left the room. "I'm sorry I shouldn't of hurt you it was wrong" he said with a face of guilt. "I mean I don't forgive you as not only did it hurt but you also kidnapped me!" "I don't expect you to forgive me"

" Okay" is all I managed to get out before Hailey walked through the door handing Jeremiah my plate of food before leaving to speak to Grayson.

"Here, as your awake I'm sure Hailey will keep you company as I have work to do. Also you'll be in my bed tonight" Jeremiah said which instantly made me shoot up pushing the pain to the side. "What!?" I screamed, I mean I know this is quite dramatic but I don't want to sleep with him.

"Lay back down Maeve your hurt" Jeremiah said with a serious tone "No, not until you tell me why the hell I'm sleeping in your bed, actually I mean not sleeping in your bed!" I said shouting really loud at this point.

"Maeve if you need a drink again or something in the night your not supposed to be wondering around, so I'll be doing it for you" he said like he was trying to convince me. "No that's not happening!" I said still shouting.

"It is Maeve, and it's not for discussion" Jeremiah said standing up and leaving me in the room to silence.

After a long five minutes of silence while I ate by myself watching the TV, Hailey came in smiling like usual and although I haven't known her long I know we're gonna be besties.