11 | into the jungle

Start from the beginning

Huh. Never mind.

"Lloyd, use your energy dragon!" Jay calls as the Ninja keep falling.

Lloyd attempts to, but fails. "I can't get it to work!"

"Your powers don't work because you aren't controlling your fear!" Garmadon calls to his son. "Focus. Don't let it control you. Center yourself!"

Jay whoops with glee as he catches a parachute of his own, while Kai perks up, spotting one a short distance away. He summons his fire, using it to propel him over to it. He breathes a sigh of relief as he grabs and opens it.

By this point, the other remaining parachutes have been lost in the sky, leaving one left.

Lloyd grabs it. He looks to his father, the only one besides him still falling. "We'll share."

"They're only built for one," Garmadon objects. "This is an easy decision."

"You're right." Quick as a wink, Lloyd opens the parachute and lets his fingers slip away, continuing his plummet toward the island.

"What have you done?" his father screams. "Lloyd!"

He was just reunited with his son. The thought of losing him again is more than he can bear.

Luckily for him, Lloyd gets it together. There's a blinding flash of green just as he hits the trees, followed by a rumbling sound. Then, an enormous dragon emerges from the trees, scales glowing and sizzling with bright green energy.

"Atta boy!" Garmadon cries. The other Elemental Masters look on with shock painted on their faces.

Six parachuters, a wolf-eagle, a teleporter, and a dragon approach the jungle. Hidden in the shadow of the trees, Nya's heart drops to her stomach as she sees them approaching.

"This...doesn't look good."

——————————

Back in the factory, the guards are on edge.

"Still no sign of Cole and that metal man?" one asks.

"They still haven't escaped the island. We'll find them," another responds. His voice raises, addressing the rest of the guards in the room. "Search the labyrinth and lock this place down!"

His orders are obeyed swiftly. The rest of Chen's staff leaves the factory, locking the doors behind them. The Masters wait until the room is completely empty.

"All clear," whispers Rose.

At their words, Cole and Zane emerge from their hiding space inside two trash cans. Cole hops on top of the nearest conveyor belt, and the others crowd around him.

"Okay, seriously, I can't get over how cool your robot friend is," Taylor gushes.

"Thank you," Zane responds, looking pleased. "I was rather cool, before Chen took my ice powers."

"Okay, back to our plan to all of us getting out of here," says the former earth ninja. "As you know, our original idea to take the sewers has been shot, so we'll need to come up with something else."

"No thanks to him," Katlain grumbles with a pointed look at Dareth. The brown ninja shrugs.

How he got there in the first place is an interesting story. He and Nya had both been caught while on recon; Nya escaped—chances are she's hiding out somewhere evading capture—while Dareth, of course, wasn't as fortunate. With no hope or ideas left, he's resorted to attempting to eat everything in the factory.