ten

The first week back after Halloween weekend was a drag, especially because it was bitterly cold and the topics in many lessons were soulless and bland.

It was still a way better place to be than the outside world at the moment.

A war was beginning and everyone knew. They'd known it was inevitable but now it felt as if it was creeping up on them like another exam season except this was ten times more stressful and scary.

Especially for muggles and muggleborns.

Eloise was worried for her mother and her father, as any sane person would be. Her mum was a muggle meaning she could be killed just because Eloise exists.

She knew they were well and okay because there was frequent letters back and forth which took a weight off her shoulders.

The school week had come to a close but James and Eloise had a defence against the dark arts essay to write and they wanted to get it done the same night so they had the weekend to relax.

They decided to start in the library but go to the astronomy tower later.

They were having normal conversations about the work but as the sun went down and the light started to drain from the sky they couldn't get anything done.

"You know how much more productive this would be with music like imagine if the wizarding world had those ear thingys like muggles do." Eloise whisper shouts.

"Headphones, Els? I have a pair at home but they're charmed not to work here which I don't get." James laughed.

"That's such bullshit!" Eloise got shushed. "Sorry! But seriously you can't have them but I could bring my camera, now I'm pissed off!"

"You brought your camera?" James smiled.

"Yeah, it's in my dorm why?" Eloise asked.

"Let's get it we are taking photos." James demands eagerly.

"Okay." Eloise bites her lip and nods her head.

James boldly grabs her hand and runs through the halls. Eloise's face goes a bright shade of red, not many people make her feel like this, in fact no one had before.

They make it to the common room, out of breathe, they grab the camera and the rest of the group.

Even Lily came and left her homework.

"I want to take the first photo!" James shouts. "Els, stand in front of the painting over there." 

"Prongs is whipped, Moony." Sirius whispers.

"So are you, just not for Davies." Remus looks at him with knowing eyes.

"Right Potter, just press the button on the top there." Lily teaches him.

Eloise couldn't stop laughing whilst getting the photo took but to James the photo came out perfect, because to him she was perfect.