eight

Halloween came round quickly, it was one of Eloise's favourite holidays so it was lucky that the Gryffindors went all out for it.

The marauders, Mila and Eloise had planned the most unreal party known to the majority of Gryffindors.

It was obviously fancy dress because what would be the point in doing a Halloween party without it?

The group had to keep what they were going as a surprise, which was super hard for them since they were always together.

They were sat in the common room doing their homework the night before the 31st, it was a Thursday meaning the party landed on the Friday after the feast.

"Hope you all know I'll be best dressed tomorrow." Eloise pipes up.

"You see, Eloise darling, you aren't half as creative as I am. You see I will be in the best costume." Sirius says very confidentially.

"Hmm, I mean you probably have a better costume than me but I will look so fucking hot you have no idea." Eloise reciprocates the same amount of confidence.

"James won't be complaining-" Remus didn't get a chance to finish his sentence before James kicked him from under the table.

"Ow, prick." Remus muttered with a pouty face.

"It's killing me not knowing what you're all going as I'm not going to lie." James said.

"Well Potter, Mila here actually knows what I'm going as. It's a bit hard to keep a secret in that dorm so we decided we'd all go together, you know as a sort of group outfit." Eloise explained.

"Are you fucking joking! Boys we could've gone as queen! You're telling me I could've lived out my Freddie Mercury fantasy, who wouldn't kill to see Prongs with the Brian May hair, and Moony as John Deacon, I don't even want to think about the fact I'll never see Wormtail as Roger Taylor. I am truly wounded. I thought we said no group costumes!" Sirius was genuinely hurt by the fact he couldn't be Freddie Mercury.

"Relax, we did say no group costumes but me and El here like breaking the rules so to be honest i sucks to be you Padfoot." Mila said with a smug smile.

"I'm quite excited to see it to be honest, Davies has been hyping up her costume for weeks now so it must be something special." Remus said.

"Oh, it is Lupin, it really is." Eloise and Mila chorused.

The group carried on with their work and then made their way to their dorm rooms.

✨🌞✨

Lessons were cancelled on Halloween, instead there was a chance for third years and up to go Hogsmeade to get sweets, chocolate, butterbeer or to go do what they want for the day.

The group spent the day going back and forth from the Honeydukes basement in pairs to get sweets for the party because even though it's only for 5th years and above what's a halloween party without sweets?

When they had the party set up for everyone returning from Hogsmeade they went to their dorms and began getting ready.

Remus got into his costume, he wasn't always one to get involved with parties but when it came to Halloween he always did.

He dressed as Elton John in the 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road' album cover.

James was probably the most scary out of the group but credits to him he had to destroy a perfectly good quidditch uniform for it. He went as a dead chaser who got hit with a bludger to the eye.