Five | Potions Class

Start from the beginning

"They're magical creatures!" Caleb groaned, "I want to travel! I want to go to every speck of land around the world and meet new people! Explore for pixies and unicorns-" he laughed "-tell me it's not awesome?!"

"Yeah..." I gave a long pause, "I want to be a Magizoologist, too."

"You can't steal my idea!"

"Okay. Fine... A Wizarding naturalist."

"It's the same thing, Olly!"

I looked down to the floor, pouting. Caleb sighed and said, "Okay. We can be Magizoologists together. But, if you annoy me on our expeditions, I'm deserting you in Russia... Or something..." I looked up and beamed and Caleb couldn't help, but smile.

"Olly?"

I looked up, alarmed to see Gwen confused. We made it to the Great Hall, in front of the doors. "You still sleeping?" She giggled ad I chuckled back. "No, I was thinking about something." I muttered. We entered the Great Hall sat at our table. I looked up to find Liam and saw him talking to his fellow Gryffindors. Was it really so bad that we're separated in these houses? How much rivalry did our houses have with each other?

Liam told me he wanted to talk to me this morning, but I was dead hungry. I didn't eat much last night. I grabbed toast and marmalade and spread it generously and grabbed thick slices of bacon and scrambled eggs from a silver dish. I drank orange juice and ate my fill until I was startled by a smooth dark voice behind me.

"Miss Olivia Wilson," I heard and I practically choked on my eggs. I grabbed a napkin and coughed, keeping it by my mouth as I turned around, wide eyed. It was Snape. What's his deal on sneaking up behind me? Is this his signature move or something?

Few students snickered and Snape honestly looked amused himself. I squinted my eyes at him in protest and focused on the parchment he was handing me.

"Your classes for this year, Miss Wilson," he said slowly, holding the parchment lazily.

I snatched my timetable and read it carefully.

Herbology

Transfiguration

CareofMagicalCreatures

Potions

Free Period

Alchemy

Tough schedule. I was fairly good with Care of Magical Creatures because Caleb supported me along the way and Herbology was a requirement for...

"Wizarding Naturalist, I see?" I looked up at Snape as he continued, "Seems you've got the credentials."

I looked down and sneered, "I'm not a fan of creatures."

"Well, Miss Wilson, there's always the chance of being an Alchemist." I could sense that he was confident when he said that.

I looked up at him again and narrowed my eyes. "Are you just going to tell me what I should be? Reading my classes? What are you going to do next, read my mind?" I replied and it made him glare at me menacingly.

He lowered his face towards mine and said quietly, "I am your head of house and care for the well beings of my students. You're pushing an awful lot of my buttons, Wilson, and you wouldn't want to be on my bad side." He straightened up and I could feel the uneasy tension between us two as well did the students around us.

"I'll see you in Potions." He sneered and walked away, giving out more class schedules at the end of the table, away from me.

"Olly!" Gasped Gwen and she looked dreadfully worried.