Story 15 - Going back into life (Time to tell Quirin)

Start from the beginning

Varian - You know maybe a little less.... you?

Hugo – Wha- Why don't I go and BUY a FANCY coat. Then when I show up I won't sing on my guitar anymore either, I can only play on the piano. Then I will maybe be more than your "FRIEND" Hugo!!!

Varian – That's not what I mean, I just-

Hugo – It's not what you meant.... But it's how it feels. I'll see you at dinner (Put's on his backpack)

Varian – Where are you going?

Hugo – A place where I can be myself. Where ever that is. Goodbye Varian.

(Hugo leaves)

Varian was holding out his arm wanting to stop him, but the door closed. 

(Later)

Varian and his dad are sitting at the dinner table.

Quirin – Where's Hugo?

Varian – Oh, I'm not sure if he will make it.

(Hugo walks through the door, he seemed he had cooled off a bit.)

Hugo – I'm here.

Quirin – Take a seat.

(Hugo sits next to Varian as he smiles at him)

Quirin – So where you from Hugo? Any family?

Hugo – What?.... Oh... No.... I was an orphan. And I... I did have someone who was basically my mother..... Donella.

Quirin – (stands up aggressively) YOU WERE RAISED BY DONELLA!!!!!

Hugo – (stands up aggressively) Yeah!!! Do you have a problem with that?!!

Varian – Hugo?

Hugo – NOT NOW VARIAN!!!!

Quirin – VARIAN!!!! HOW COULD YOU BRING HIM INTO OUR HOME!!!!

Varian – What? He's not a bad guy dad!!!

Quirin – WELL HE'S NOT A GOOD GUY EITHER!!!! HE WAS RAISED BY DONELLA!!!!

Hugo – OH YEAH!!!! WHAT'S SO WRONG WITH THAT!!!! ULLA SPENT A LOT OF TIME WITH DONELLA!!!!

Quirin – AND BECAUSE OF IT WE LOST HER!!!!!

Varian – DAD!!! She's still alive!!!

Quirin – BECAUSE WE GOT HER OUT OF THERE FAST ENOUGH!!!!!

Hugo – WE!!! YOU WEREN'T EVEN THERE!!!!

Quirin – YOUR LUCKY I WASN'T!!!!

Hugo – WHY IS THAT!!!!

Varian – Stop.

Quirin – I WOULD'VE STOPPED YOU!!!! YOU WOULDN'T HAVE COME OUT THERE ALIVE!!!!!

Varian – DAD!!!!

Hugo – OH YEAH!!! WELL, I'M SURE YOU WOULDN'T HAVE LASTED A SECOND!!!!! YOU ACT ALL TOUGH BUT YOUR SON LEFT YOU!!!!!

Varian – HUGO!!!!

Quirin – VARIAN YOU STAY AWAY FROM THIS.... THIS.... MONSTER!!!!

Varian – STOP IT!!!! BOTH OF YOU!!!! I JUST WANTED YOU TWO TO GET ALONG!!!!!! BUT INSTEAD, YOU JUST STARTED YELLING!!!! IN WHAT SECONDS!!!!!! YOU COULD'VE AT LEAST TRIED TO GET ALONG!!!!! I'm leaving! (Varian runs out the door)

(Hugo looks at Varian)

Hugo – Varian? Varian wait!

(Hugo chases after him)

Hugo – (He caught up when they were down the stairs on the outside) GOGGLES WAIT!!!! *panting* Look, I'm sorry. I just... When we showed up you didn't tell your dad you and I were dating. I figured you needed time but then when you asked me to change I was hurt and it made me-

Varian – No, I'm not mad at you. It's all my fault, thinking this would work. Not saying that you and I are a couple. Then telling you to change. Hugo NEVER change. I fell in love with YOU. I want you to always know, I don't care what my dad thinks as long as I get to be with you. Because I LOVE YOU HUGO!!!! *pulls Hugo close and kisses him*

Hugo – (the kiss breaks) I LOVE YOU MORE!!!!! (Kisses him)

Varian – I love you the most (Says while giving Hugo a hug)

(They hear Quirin's voice in the background) It's quite clear.

(Hugo grabs Varian in a protective manor)

Quirin – As much as I love Varian... You Hugo.... Love him more.

Hugo – What's the catch?

Quirin – There is none.... Hugo, I'm sorry for those things I said.

Varian – I still don't get it? What did Donella do? How do you know her, and why do you hate her so much?

Quirin – She was the main cause of your mother's disappearance.

Varian - .... I had no idea.

Quirin – But it's clear Hugo is nothing like Donella. They are very different. And Hugo? Thanks for being yourself.

Hugo – There is no one I would rather be. Unless it was Hugo with permission to date your son. Pfft, not that I need it.

Quirin – . . . .

(Varian is giving Hugo hand motions to not say that) 

Hugo - What I'm trying to ask is... Can I have your permission to date Varian, I know I don't deserve him.... because... He's amazing, and you have yourself one of the best kids anyone could ever ask for. 

Quirin - Of course.

Varian – Thank you, dad. (Gives his dad a hug)

Hugo – Now if you excuse us we are going to go and yell and tell people to pay us to make us stop.

Qurin - .... O-O

Varian – Or we won't do that and we will just go for a picnic.

Hugo – Oh, yeah, the picnic. I was kidding....

. . . . .

Varian – BYE DAD!!!! (Takes Hugo's hand and they run away into the sunset)

I love this story. I hope you guys did as well. I know it was fast-paced but I love it anyway.