20/PDA?

So after all that we are still no closer to finding these people?" Clint asked. Natasha and Tony had just finished filling everyone in on the events of the day and what happened to Chad Haynes. All the avengers and Ella were sitting around the kitchen table with a large selection of Thai food in front of them. The drive home had taken them longer than expected as they had to stop to get gas so Tony and Natasha stopped off at a nearby take-out to get dinner for everyone.

"No, we know more about the Lumia. They're scientists, a highly elite group by the sounds of it." Natasha argued

"Why would scientists want to kill the avengers? Aren't you guys meant to be on the same side?" Ella asked as she speared some vegetables onto her fork.

"That's the thing. I can't figure it out. Why would scientists care about the avengers? I feel like I am missing something and in the meantime they are getting ready for another attack against us." Tony fumed tapping his fork against his plate furiously.

"Tony calm down, we will figure this out." Pepper soothed placing a hand on top of his to stop the banging of his cutlery. Tony sighed in defeat, slumping in his seat.

"She's right. For now we keep our eyes peeled. Take extra caution with everything, anything seems different or out of the ordinary you call it in." Steve said addressing his team. Ella smiled; it was amazing how well the avengers had knitted together. In the beginning Tony had said they were all over the place but now they really were a team, a family. They weren't going to let this beat them, they were the avengers and they would fight back.

"Cap's right. I had these made up to help us communicate with each other," Tony said rising from the table to collect something from his jacket pocket. "It's a comms system, run by Jarvis. Keep one on you at all time, it goes in your ear and is virtually undetectable. It's a secure system so only people with one of these devices can access it." Tony explained handing one to everyone including Ella and Pepper.

"Hold on why are we getting them? We aren't avengers." Ella asked studying the little device carefully.

"You might not be avengers but both of you are part of this team now. We protect our own." Tony explained before turning to the other avengers, "Right guys?"

The chorus of yeses was really all that needed to be said on the matter, it was the Avengers way of accepting the two outsiders officially into their lives. Ella suspected Pepper had been accepted a long time ago considering how she pretty much was like a mom to the Avengers. Ella smiled at everyone, never before had she felt so welcome and happy and the only think she could think of was why didn't she come to stay with Tony sooner?

/

Ella strummed her fingers against her guitar strings humming along as she played 'Right Place, Right Time" by Olly Murs. She had woken up early that morning feeling refreshed and happy after the dinner conversation a few nights ago. She was so focused on the chords she didn't realise Steve was standing in the doorway listening, a smile on his face. Ella slowed the chords down as the song came to an end prompting Steve to move from his place against the door frame, coming up behind her to kiss her shoulder. Ella jumped before realising who it was, leaning into his embrace. She still couldn't get over the fact her and Steve were now dating. This incredible, beautiful, caring man was all hers. Ella placed the guitar down coming round the back of the couch to greet her boyfriend properly.

Steve smiled at her, placing a loving kiss against her lips.

"I thought you were training this morning?" Ella asked as Steve wrapped his strong arms around her. The avengers had really been on red alert since the day with Chad Haynes. Each one making sure they were ready for anything. Steve, Clint and Natasha all spent more time in the newly redecorated gym. Clint had been pushing himself more to get back onto his broken leg which was still healing. Tony and Bruce had spent most of their time in the labs but Ella didn't have a clue what they were doing down there. She suspected they were working on Tony's suits but she couldn't be sure.