26. New beginings

Start from the beginning

I didn't say another word, just simply crossed the room and enveloped my arms around his, pulling him into a silent embrace before resting my head softly onto his shoulder and nuzzling my face into his hair.

"Merry Christmas" I muttered quietly, the sound muffled slightly as I didn't pick my head off his shoulder, standing there for a brief moment, just simply being, doing something I considered a rarity; hugging my dad.

"Breakfast, everyone to the table" Molly called from the kitchen as Bill began to carry though plates filled with endless amounts of bacon, pancakes, sausage, eggs and waffles.

I pulled away from Sirius and made my way over to the table, inwardly blushing as Fred pulled out my chair wordlessly, not even noting his owm chivalrous act before seating himself down next to me.

"Morning my dear" Molly beamed as she came to sit down at the table, throwing her apron over her chair before taking a seat next to her husband.

"Merry Christmas Molly" I smiled, remembering our conversation from just yesterday and basking in that familiar warmth that filled my chest at the memory of her words.

"Everyone eat, and then we'll do presents" Molly explained, motioning towards the fully decorated tree, that was certainly not there yesterday, beneath which were endless stacks of presents, each decorated with different shiny, metallic papers and glossy ribbons that caught and reflected the golden sunlight.

We all lost ourselves in a multitude of conversations, Bill and Tonks unknowingly flirting between themselves, whilst Hermione pestered a patient Remus with endless strings of questions about her winter assignments, the twins spoke with Ginny about something quidditch related, and I found myself in slow conversation with Sirius and Harry.

"So" Harry began awkwardly, having placed his cutlery down in order to play with his fingers, "You knew my dad?"

Sirius paled slightly, noticeably fighting the urge to spiral before regaining his composure and leaning eagerly into the table, glancing at Harry and I. "I did. And it was an utmost privilege"

Harry smiled down at his hands, his eyes wide with innocence and glazed over slightly as tears pricked their corners, tears that he quickly caught before he allowed them to fall.

"Maybe you could come and visit Grimmauld Place next time you're off school, easter maybe, I have boxes upon boxes of pictures of him and your mother, I'd be happy to give you some" Sirius explained nervously, noting Harry's shy demeanor and awkwardly shifting in his seat as he attempted to fix it.

"I'd like that," Harry whispered, smiling up at Sirius who offered him a warm grin in return before they both stuck back into their breakfast, both of which now being forced into their second serving by Molly.

"Oh that reminds me, Ari, Remus and I would like to talk to you after you've eaten" Sirius asked, silently refusing to lift his gaze from his plate, "If that's ok?" He added quickly, as though he needed my permission, a strange feeling I enjoyed, savouring it as I knew it would not last long.

I washed down the last of my breakfast with some juice, keeping to myself whilst silently observing the conversations around me, save for having to stamp on Fred's foot to silently convey the message of 'get your hand off my thigh right now Fredrick Gideon Weasley because my dads are about 100cm away' And I think he got the memo as he quickly retracted his hand.

Everyone started clearing away whilst Sirius, Remus and I quickly slipped out the back door, the winter chill creeping steadily along my spine, leaving a trail of goosebumps in its wake. And Sirius immediately shrugged off his jumper, wordlessly shoving it in my face with a generous smile as I thankfully accepted and pulled it over my head.