Rose Marauders

Rose Marauders

Prologue

Kelara IV, a planet of organic intrigue and mechanical wonder, the crown jewel atop the crown of the empire, a thriving and bustling world. Home of wealthy business men and women, buying expensive trinkets and antiquities, this planet is truly the image of a utopian society. This planet is a Trade planet; it is home to one of the Galaxy’s finest banks: Imperious Star Bank, it is said to hold the money of almost every wealthy citizen within the first three planets of the Centurios Galaxy. Filling this bank is crowd upon crowd of wealthy people looking to deposit this month’s earnings, people moving through the bank quickly and quietly trying hurriedly to deposit their money so that they may go home. People on com watches and Communica headsets, chatting about the latest business closing and reopening, one man in particular stands out however, he doesn’t have a little tablet of money all ready for vault transfer like others. He just leans against a pillar, looking around the bank, as though he were there just to enjoy the sight of people going about their business. A brunette woman walks over to him, her steps making no sound as she glides over the Steel plated floor. She hands him a tablet, and what looks to be an ID card, leans close to him, and whispers something to him and then walks away disappearing into the crowd. He readjusts his grip on the tablet and slowly walks over to the counter; he pulls out his ID card shows it to the security officer that opens the Vault. After several clicking sounds, the Vault door Slides open, releasing a large burst of air. He walks straight into the vault; and gave a slight nod to the security guard who shut the door behind him. Inside there wasn’t a single guard, a few computers and Hundreds of money tablets were placed in sections in the room, but there were no people inside and it seemed sterile. He pulled an antenna from the side of his tablet; he then pulled a Communica headset from his pocket and placed it in his ear. Tapping it twice, he readjusted it in his ear and then he heard the voice of a woman.

“Are you inside?” The woman asked coolly.

“Yes I’m in, they really have to make these places harder to get into…I pretty much waltzed in here” The man said chuckling.

“Don’t count them out yet, they have a tight Security grid, one slip and you are as good as dead.” The woman said firmly “Don’t die because you are too cocky to pay attention”

“Relax, this is nothing, I could do this in my sleep, the real question is: will you have the ship ready for pick up when I get out of here?” The man said tapping the tablet

“Don’t worry about that, we are all ready on this end, just don’t screw this up!” The woman said slightly annoyed. The man tapped the tablet a few more times and then grunted, he hated being the only one able to hack a computer with a tablet, it seemed so necessary, yet all of his comrades knew nothing of it, he grunted again. After one last tap he closed the tablet’s antennae and held it tightly.

“Ok finished, you have exactly three minutes to arrive or this little trip won’t be worth the money for the preparations.” The man said exiting the vault door.

“Where are you?” The woman asked her voice trembling slightly.

“Main gates of the bank; two minutes.” The man said, he started walking at a faster pace out of the gate. A male voice cracked in, his voice slightly deeper and mischievous.

“Hey! You didn’t tell us where you were going to exit from! Now you got to do a bit of runnin!” The other man said in a mischievous tone. “Turn left and head straight for the cargo dock, which is the easiest way to get out of here with a minimum number of patrols on our hide.”

“Why’d you have to make me run, you were the one who didn’t think I could walk right out of the front gate, and besides this is a new suit!” The man said breaking into a full run down the paneled sidewalks. He sprinted as fast as he could looking for his ship, he spotted it, and with a final burst of speed jumped and landed in the cargo bay of the Ebony Rose, sirens sounding in the distance.