Chapter 41: A Kiss For Every "Idiot"

Yuna's P.O.V

I wheezed due to the dust that got inside my nostrils, while I was sweeping the wooden lacquer-tiled floor of our new Glee Club room- or should I say old? I wonder how long this place has been abandoned with thick layers of dust everywhere. Furthermore, there are insurmountable piles of litter and boxes consisting of unknown materials scattered over here and there, while fragments of the old cobwebs hung from the rafters above. Every movement in this abandoned room sent a vortex of dust into the previously stagnant air as dusty particles reflected the sun-rays that penetrated through the opened windows.

I caught some movements from the corner of my eye, thus my vision flickered to that direction, and, unexpectedly, my blood boiled because of what I saw. The next thing I knew, I was marching over to Chaeryeong and Taehyun who are having the time of their lives while they wiped the dusty shelves in unison. Then, I shoved my broom between their feet and swept the floor aggressively.

"Move out of the way," I muttered nonchalantly as I swept without looking at them. "Can't you see I'm sweeping the floor here?" Taehyun had to pull Chaeryeong away before she could snap back with an angry remark.

Not much later, my gaze directed toward the infuriating scene of Taehyun and Chaeryeong spraying the windows and flirtingly drawing heart shapes on it. Thus, I grumbled and stomped toward them before grabbing a wiper to erase those disgusting things on the sacred windows. Hastily, I threw myself between them and began to wipe their artworks grudgingly, receiving spontaneous protests from the irritated girl.

"Aish! You guys are not working properly! Plus, you're dirtying the school property!" I scolded, and Taehyun moved Chaeryeong to another place to stop the quarrel. After they were gone, I glared at the letters they wrote on the glass.

Chaeryeongie is a cute cinnamon roll <3

Hehe Taehyunnie is a sweet talker <3

"Disgusting lovebirds," I snarled, rubbing everything off with pressure.

****

"Thanks to you all, we're finally done with cleaning the room," Ms. Shon exclaimed in gratitude, placing the mop on the floor, and she scrutinized the entire area at a glance. "Oh, I forgot to bring the boxes of CDs and scripts from the office." She face-palmed herself and chuckled awkwardly. Afterward, she pointed at me and someone amidst the club members.

"Girls, would you mind fetching them from my desk in the teacher's office?" She requested me and the other girl she pointed at.

"No, I wouldn't mind, Ms. Shon," Chaeryeong reassured her, and my eyes widened as soon as I heard her voice. Gosh! Why her out of all people? The latter also gaped at me when I stood up to accompany her.

We both walked in an awkward silence; none of us willing to utter a single word. Nonetheless, I stole a few side glances at her.

"Why do you keep doing it?" She murmured, surprising me due to the abruptness. We both halted our pace, and she diverted her attention to me, holding my gaze intently. "You keep meddling with Taehyun and me. It's not only once or twice. So, why do you keep doing it?" I can't respond to her question since I'm also mulling over why I did that in the room. I have no idea with what's happening to me either.

"Oh, I understand now," she scoffed, sensing my hesitation. "You like Taehyun, don't you?" That was my cue to scoff back.

"What? Me? To that annoying guy?" I expressed my abhorrence by contorting my face. "Eww!"

"Hey! Taehyun is nowhere near annoying," she defended, making me roll my eyes, and I left her behind as I proceeded toward the teachers' office.

A little while later, we both exited the office, carrying a fair share of boxes in our hands. On the way back, I can't stop thinking about Chaeryeong and Taehyun's disturbing interactions, and the way she acts all soft and sweet toward him. In addition, the look in her eyes are often filled with warmth and fondness whenever she's with him, unlike how they glow with malevolence every time she sees me. Suddenly, I feel a pang in my heart owing to a reason that I can't fathom. I never minded about them before, but why now? Is it because of the kisses?

I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings until I bumped into a wall, accidently letting go of all the boxes from my grasp.

"Yah! Are you out of your mind?" Chaeryeong exclaimed picking up the things that I dropped. After we put everything back in place, I lifted the boxes up and walked clumsily due to the deranging train of thoughts. A few seconds later, I stepped on my shoelaces, tipping over the boxes once again. Hence, I crouched down to tie my laces first before I picked up the scattered materials.

"Ugh! What is wrong with you, idiot?" The girl beside me groaned as she set her boxes down and crouched down. Hearing the loathsome nickname she prefers to call me, my blood boiled uncontrollably and I snapped my head toward her.

"I'm telling you for the last time that my name is Yuna. So, stop calling me an idiot," I growled, gripping a CD in my hand.

"Well, idiot suits you," she retorted with a sneer.

"Call me an idiot next time, and you'll pay for i-"

"Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot. Idiot," she repeated mockingly, so I grabbed her nape and stole a kiss from her lips to stop her. Blood rushed to my face after realizing what I just did. Immediately after I pulled away, she raised her hand to slap me, but I seized it and pulled her close. "Let me go, you id-" I cut her off with another peck on her lips.

"Let's make a deal," I purred as she stared at me in daze; our faces only a few centimeters apart. "I'll kiss you every time you call me an idiot, arraseo?" Then, I released her, not before taking a glimpse of her lips for the last time.

She snapped out of her trance after I crouched down to put back the things I dropped into the boxes.

"Id-" She almost blurted out, but she shut her mouth the instant I quirked an eyebrow as I puckered my lips at her to express that I would kiss her again. When she bowed her head in fear, I smirked in victory.

GIRLS ON TRACK || RyejiOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara