Chapter 37: Another Incident

Yeji's P.O.V

"Yeddeong!" Ryujin bolted toward me and lifted me up from the ground, spinning the both of us. I had to stifle my yelp since I was taken by surprise. "I did a good job, right?" She asked as she put me down. 

"You did a great job, Ryuddaeng." I emphasized the word great, cupping her cheeks, and stared down at her since I am the taller person between us. "So, that was the song you were practicing in secret, huh?"

"Where's the fun if I told you? And I wanted to surprise you," she reasoned adorably, receiving a bunch of uwus from me, and I squished her cheeks until her lips puckered.

"Aww... I'm touched," I cooed at her like she was a baby and leaned in, eyeing her irresistibly cute duck lips.

"Yeji-yah, Ryujin-ah!" The other four girls exclaimed and pulled us into a group hug, unintentionally destroying our little moment, but I don't mind that much because I really appreciate the hug. We all hopped around in a circular motion like a merry go round, not caring about the weird looks given by other students.

"You guys were amazing!" Somi praised enthusiastically after we pulled apart. "I'm sure we'll all pass!"

"Can't wait to act in a play that's written by you as well, Miss Playwright," Lia flattered Somi in a sincere tone, earning a playful nudge from the latter.

"Let's go to the cafeteria now!" Yuna ejaculated with animation, punching a fist in the air like Supergirl. We all laughed at her silliness.

****

Chaeryeong's P.O.V

The more I walked, the more my backbone and toes ached. Thus, I halted behind the girls, rubbing my back to ease the aching a little bit, which didn't go unnoticed by Yuna, who knows what happened to me when the lights went out after our performance in the hall— who also happened to be the long-legged culprit.

"Are you oka-"

"Please just stay away from me a bit," I cut her off in vexation, and she looked away, scratching her nape in guilt. Then, she shuffled away from me with big, heavy steps.

"What's wrong with you two again?" Lia queried, knitting her eyebrows, thus catching the attention of three other girls.

"Nothing," I answered in a neutral tone, dismissing her question, and removed my hand from my back. "Don't mind us. It's not a big deal." They don't look convinced, but they shrugged the matter off, while the tall girl seems to be repentant.

On the spur of the moment, the lights went out and the curtains closed just after our gig. Hence, I panicked due to the darkness and I felt my way around with my hands outstretched like a visually-impaired person. I could hear screams and shrieks from the students below the stage.

"Everyone, don't panic!" Mr. JYP exclaimed. "Just stay where you are. The generators will be ignited soon."

Then, a hand groped my butt, startling me. "Yah! Get your hands off my hips!" I snapped at Yuna, who's also blindly feeling her way around.

"I can't see anything!" She complained, hastily removing her hands from me. "You too, stop squashing my face!" So, I got my hands off her face, not before I pinched her nose out of irritation, earning a satisfying yelp from her.

"Ouch!" I yowled owing to the stabbing pain in my toes, and a weight that was on one of my feet was lifted after hearing my voice. "Did you just step on me on purpose?!" I barked.