She nodded and tapped the table, saying, "Coming right up."

"Thanks," he nodded as she stalked off toward the kitchen. He looked around the diner, and tried to ignore his phone buzzing in his pocket. I've gotta talk to him eventually. He sighed and flicked his phone out. "Hey, Sam."

"Dean," the voice on the other end of the line snapped. "Where the hell are you? I've been calling you for hours!"

"Listen Sammy, I need a break. I can't keep this up forever. Hell, man, I haven't had three days without a case! I just need a week at least, man. Give me a week or two vacation, and then I'll come back and we can deal with Metatron. 'Sides, Sam. We both know this isn't about that angel, brother." He didn't wait for a reply before hanging up and shoving the cell back in his jacket.

"Here's your burger," a girl with long curly brown hair set down a plate and cup of coffee in front of him, eyeing him carefully.

"Thank you..." he glanced at the name badge on her shirt and let out a chuckle. "Ruby."

She nodded curtly and looked him over again before leaving to deliver another order. He dug into his burger and attempted to overlook the stares and whispers being sent his way. Out of the corner of his eye, he caught sight of a dark-haired woman approaching a woman of smaller stature at the booth next to him. He did his best to focus on his food, but he couldn't help but overhear their conversation. "So how is Henry, is he okay?"

"He's fine," the sitting woman assured the first. "Everything's fine."

"What'd he say?"

"I didn't actually talk to him."

The first woman sighed sharply and sat down. "Then why am I here?"

"Because I know you've been lying," the other replied without hesitation. "And I thought it was time we talk about it."

Dean listened intently. What was this about? Was Henry one of their husbands who was cheating with the other lady? Were they married and this was a confrontation about an affair? Was Henry a mutual friend with a secret one of them was covering up?

"I don't know what you're talking about—"

Lady Number Two cut her off. "No, no, no, no. No more lying," she said in a strict voice, as if instructing a child. She continued, "I know you've been with your mother. I know you're looking for the dagger."

Well that wasn't what he was expecting. Dean ruled out all of the aforementioned ideas while taking another bite of his burger. Could they mean...? No. No, that was impossible. That blade was so goddam far away that even he couldn't get to it if he tried. Not that he would want to.

Lady Number One took a breath and snapped, "What I'm doing is my business."

"There's a war starting, Regina."

"That much is clear, yes."

"Lucky for you, you've earned enough goodwill with me to give you one last chance. A chance to choose the right side, the side of good."

A war? What the hell were they talking about? Some sort of wild family feud? Or was it like those Live-Action-Role-Playing wierdos?

The now-named Regina retorted, "Have you ever considered that maybe, perhaps, I am good? I was always the Queen, it was you who added 'Evil' to my name."

Oh. Definitely L.A.R.P. Unless...

"Good doesn't do what you do," the second lady pushed. "Why? Regina, why go back to being this way after how hard you tried?"

"And what did it get me? Dinner with a bunch of hypocrites who pretend they'll forgive me, when, in their hearts, they know they never will. You're giving me a chance? How about I give you one. Stay out of my way." With that she stood.

"Listening to your mother is a mistake, Regina," the — still unnamed — woman insisted.

"Because listening to you will work out so much better."

"She doesn't care about Henry. All she wants is power."

"Power's how you get things."

Almost reluctantly, she added, "She doesn't care about you."

Regina glared. "And what would you know about mothers?" With that, she left.

The Hunter whistled low and took a sip of his coffee. "Well that was harsh."

The lady at the booth looked at him, seeming to notice his presence for the first time. She looked at him with an almost unrecognizable expression; somewhere between curiosity and disbelief. "Who are you?".