My only hope of making it and getting out of this lock hold with Big Ben just got destroyed in front of me.

What the fuck was I supposed to do now?!

***

I grabbed my key to the apartment and hovered it in front of the door. I closed my eyes and breathed in deep, still suffering from the blow I had just received earlier, and it wasn't from the fight. I knew Lillie was inside, where I needed her to be, in my apartment with me. I was nervous about telling her what had happened. I didn't want to be a disappointment to her. I couldn't shake the feeling that I was letting her down... again.

Déjà vu hit me hard, and I felt like complete shit.

Life seems to be full of tests, testing our inner strength and our love for each other.

But I needed Lillie now. I needed her comfort. I opened the front door and a delicious smell hit my senses, providing comfort already. Something was baking in the oven. I smiled weakly. I looked up and noticed Lillie, already in her pajamas and bunny slippers, watching reality TV.

She noticed me walk in and jumped from the couch, racing towards me and jumped in my arms. I welcomed it, nuzzling my nose in her hair and squeezing her ass while I was at it. Holding her and feeling her against me felt good, since I felt so defeated right now.

She held my face in both her hands, after I gently placed her down. She frowned at me, searching my tired eyes.

"What's wrong Dimitri?" she asked.

I shook my head. Not knowing how to tell her the bad news. But I promised not to keep any more secrets from her. I ran a hand over my face.

"It looks like UFC is off the table." I said miserably, swallowing hard. Like a dry pill I struggled to get down.

Lillie looked concerned and then confused. She shook her head lightly and her hands let go of my face. "Why?" she said softly. "You were so sure about it, you a good fighter who wins. I don't understand-"

"It's Arthur..." I interrupted her. "He pressed assault charges against me." I sighed wearily.

"What!?" Lillie said, jerking back. "How could he? He was the aggressor in the fight between you guys that night. So, the text from him meant -."

"Yeah. I got what I fucking deserved!" I completed her sentence.

Lillie paused. "He's doing this on purpose, he knows what this could mean for your future." Lillie said, her eyes brimming with tears with every word she spoke.

"It's okay Lillie, it is what it is... I just have to deal with these charges against me." I said.

"This is all my fault... I'm so sorry Dimitri." Lillie said softly.

I brought her close to me. "It's okay... don't worry, it's not your fault. If anything, it's my fault. I should have never engaged in a fight with that asshole. I should've known it could place me in jeopardy, if not my UFC career, then my parole." I gave a heavy sigh.

Lillie was silent, her head hung low. Still clinging to me.

"I gotta shower..." I said solemnly. "See you in a bit."

I grabbed my gym bag and headed to the bathroom.

Once in the shower, the warm water was therapeutic, easing the bruise on my face. I raised both my arms and placed my hands against the cool tiles in front of me and hung my head low. The warm water gushing over my head. I inhaled the steam, fogging up the shower.

This night has gone to shit, I thought.

I tried to push the negative thoughts aside as I turned my neck, massage its tight muscles. Feeling the tension build up between my shoulder blades. My back and neck felt like it was pulling stiff.

Damn. It felt like I was carrying the world on my shoulders. It sure felt like the weight of it.

I walked out of the shower. My thoughts were on Lillie, she looked disappointed. I hope her feelings for me didn't change. Fuck. Why couldn't things just be easy for us for once?

I dried with a towel and got dressed quickly, throwing on a fresh sweatpants and vest. I walked out of the bathroom and noticed Lillie sitting on the edge of the bed. My eyes scanned down to the box next to her. I immediately saw the tiny red cross; it was the first aid kit.

Lillie sat with her arms beside her, clutching the bed sheet, biting her bottom lip. She looked at me. This seemed too familiar. Pleasant memories of our first interaction with the first aid kit came back to me. I smiled inside.

"You hurt from the fight?" she said. "I'm sorry for not asking how it went."

I shook my head. "Just a scratch on my chin." I said, half smiling. "And I won the fight... obviously."

She nodded. "I know." She opened the first aid box and took out a small bottle of disinfectant and a swab with a plaster. She patted on the bed next to her and smiled softly. I came up and sat beside her, shoulder to shoulder. She turned and dabbed lightly on the scratch.

"Congratulations on your win. And I'm sorry again, Dimitri. You didn't deserve what Arthur did, and it's not your fault either. We just having it a bit rough, but it will get better, I'm sure of it." she smiled as she placed the plaster carefully on my chin. Kissing the spot with her lips.

I gave a weak smile, but I was dying inside.

She placed my face in her warm hands once again and brought her face close. Her perfume was intoxicating, and her gentleness comforted me. I felt soft featherlight kisses on one cheek and then the other. One landed on my nose and three on my forehead.

I cast my eyes low, and I felt a kiss on my left temple. Finally, she landed on my lips, bringing it up to hers in a soft kiss. I closed my eyes and breathed her in, my hands trailed around her hips up her back. She opened her mouth, and I obliged, tasting her tongue, playfully licking mine.

This is what I wanted, what I needed. I instantly forgot about the fight. The UFC agent. Arthur's assault charges. The world stopped for just a moment, as Lillie and I were in our intimate bubble, away from anything bad that wanted to hurt us.

I grabbed Lillie and moved her onto my lap. I moaned as she grinded against me.

I don't know how quick it happened? But the one moment Lillie was on my lap, straddling me and the next, we're on the bed, our clothes torn off and naked, touching and kissing.

This is what I desired.

Lillie providing me the relief I needed. I cherished the evening with Lillie by my side.