"You true fucking geek, please tell me that wasn't a gaming reference." Fatin teases. 

"Can't do that" Dot shoots back. 

My stomach basks in the presence of food as I down one after the other. 

"I know these are little animals and all, but they're so good and I can't stop eating them." Martha admits. 

I nod in agreement, licking my lips. 

"Slow down monkey, you're gonna get a stomach ache." Leah tells me. 

I roll my eyes at her and grab another. 

"Yeah, monkey" Fatin teases playfully. I nudge her. 

"What is wrong with me?" Martha mutters as she goes for another. 

"You should give yourself a pass, like, for invertebrates." Nora says. 

"And starvation situations" my sister adds on. 

"You're not eating any mussels Shelby?" Martha asks looking up at the blonde. 

"No, I'm good." Shelby states. 

Leah is quick to interrogate, "Why not?"

"Oh, I'm beyond allergic to shellfish. I had a single popcorn shrimp at my cousins birthday party, my windpipe shut like a trap."

"Well, you're missing out. I mean, ideally, these would be eaten with garlic butter and crispy fries on a terrace in Barcelona, but salut!" says Fatin. 

"Fucking one percenters" Toni laughs bitterly. 

"Damn, Toni, you're plowing right through them. You too Parker." Nora points out. 

I just hold the mussel I am currently eating in the air and flash a smile, proud of myself. The group laughs. 

"Trying to stay on brand, you know?" Toni jokes, licking the mussel seductively. 

I laugh along with the others, getting what she was insinuating. 

"Well, I mean, ok you gotta admit, the shape of these things..."

"Shape and texture" Leah adds. 

"Yeah, right? I mean, you know, it's kind of like a..."

"Like a pussy!" Nora yells, shocking the group. We all break out into a fit of laughter. I double over on the sand and Fatin pats my back so I don't choke. 

Shelby however, does not look pleased. 

"If you wanna know how to eat this soft, beautiful treasure, I can show you and it does not take garlic butter. All it takes is finesse." Toni does a very seductive display of eating the oyster and the group cheers her on. I would be lying if I said it didn't make my cheeks heat up a little. Thankfully, no one seemed to notice. 

"This is the most action any of us has gotten." Fatin jokes. "I've never wanted my phone so fucking badly." 

"Would you stop!" Shelby has a sudden outburst. 

"Okay..."

"That was hilarious, and Shelby has no chill..." Dot laughs. 

"Excuse me, I have chill, I guess I just...I don't see the humor in that sort of thing." 

"Hey, what do you mean 'that sort of thing'?" Toni shoots. 

"You know...pornographic gestures. I'm a Christian, all right? From a very Christian home, so I'm allowed to be a little skeeved out."