Chapter 5

Parker's POV

Day 7 came and we all lounged around the small camp fire while Dot went through Fatin's suitcase again. Well, all of us except for Fatin and Toni  -they had yet to return to camp. I'm not going to lie, there is a small part of me that is really nervous of what might have happened to them, especially to Toni. 

"How um...How concerned are we that neither of them are back yet? 'Cause personally, I'm on like a solid seven." Shelby asks the group. 

I nod in agreement

Shelby looks toward Martha. 

"If you're wondering if I'm worried about Toni, just don't, ok? She's not my business anymore." Martha shakes her head. 

"Okay." Shelby continues, "Well, there's also Fatin."

"She stole two cans of our water supply, so pretty sure she doesn't deserve a place in our thoughts and prayers." Leah points out. 

I give her a disapproving look. Fatin deserved to be looked out for, even if she took two drinks when she left last night. 

"We don't technically know it was her..." Shelby tries. 

"Dude, it was definitely her." My sister states as the others mumble agreements. "I mean, this basically sums up how much she cares about our welfare." Leah holds ups necklace that says "zero fucks". 

Nora smiles as she has an idea and takes the necklace from Leah, standing up with it. "Uh, I'd like everyone to know that what I'm about to do is a loving homage." She holds up the necklace and then pretends to be Fatin, "Honestly, I resent being called basic, because would a basic bitch make out with Elon Musk at a yacht party...and inspire the new designs for the Tesla? Don't @ me" 

All of the girls laugh throughout Nora's performance, me included. 

Martha quickly gets up to go next, grabbing one of Fatin's shirts and wrapping it around her like a scarf. "Me? Me break a sweat? In Gucci? I don't think so." 

"I feel bad for laughing, but..." Shelby runs over to the suitcase and grabs a pair of sunglasses, cutting them on. "I'm a virgo ass bitch with a pisces effing moon, so ya'll can suck it." 

"I need to try," Leah says. She grabs a headband and puts it on, "I have insane HPV." No one laughs. "What...too far?" 

"Everything all right Dot?" Shelby asks Dot who is sifting through one of the swag bags with a concerned look on her face. 

"I lost the lighter." She admits. 

"You lost the fucking lighter?" Rachel shoots. "How are we supposed to keep the fire going-"

"Yeah, keep the signal going." Dot interjects. "Boil water, if we find any. I know how bad this is for us, and I'm sorry, but if you're tempted to make me feel like shit, don't bother. I'm doing a pretty good job of it on my own." 

I look over to her with sympathy. She really has taken a lot of responsibility on this island. 

Rachel takes a breath. "Look, we just got to keep a close eye on it then, all right? Keep it burning, keep feeding it..." She looks around and then smiles as Leah's book catches here eye, holding it up. "Hey, you know this shit would make some great fucking tinder for us." She mocks Leah. 

Anger bubbles inside of me. 

"Give it back!" Leah reaches to grab it but Rachel pulls it away. "Give it back!" 

Leah tackles her to the ground trying to get the book and the others shout for her to get off. 

"And you had the audacity to call me a psycho?"Rachel smiles evily.