Chapter 22 ~ Rest

Start from the beginning

Was it that much of a surprise? W-Why is his smile getting darker?

"I see. What... do you think of him?"

"Hm? What do you mean?"

"What do you consider him as?"

"Luke-sama? Hm... an instructor? That or Noir's brother."

"I see."

Alex let out a deep sigh and took a sip of his tea.

Seriously though. Why is he asking me these things?

Wait... Oooooh, I see. He's worried that I don't get along with him!

Well, Luke is one of his closest childhood friends, so it makes sense why he'll worry that I don't get along with him.

"Ufufufu~ I see. There's no need for you to worry, Alex. I am getting along with him just fine."

Don't worry, Alex! As long as he is Noir's brother, I won't be on his bad side. After all, I want to be loved by Noir~!!!

*puchi*

Ah, that sound again.

W-Wait... Why did his smile turn dark again?!

"I see... Heh, it seems I'll need to have a talk with that guy soon..."

W-What did you say? S-Stop mumbling while you have that dark smile on your face! It's scary!!!

"Hah... Watch what you say, Risa."

Lu-nii sighed.

"Mu-! W-What did I say? I just told Alex that I don't hate Luke-sama at all."

"...That. Hah... Come on, Alexus. You already know how she is. Just let it go."

What did you say?! What did you mean by that, you idiot brother!!!

"Yes... Perhaps, I should be thankful for her being "this" way instead."

Like I said, what did you mean by that!!!

Alexus took a sip of his tea once again and let out a deep sigh.

"Well, enough about that. Today, I wish to congratulate you on completing the "shampoo". My mother loved it and has been using it every day."

R-Really?! Seara-sama loves it?! YEEEESSS!!!!

"Is that true? I'm so happy~! I'm glad she likes it!"

"Mm. Her hair has become even smoother and shinier, just like yours. You've become even more beautiful as well, Risa. More than I could imagine..."

Alexus smiled softly and stared at me with those cute eyes.

A-Ah... That was bad. My heart skipped a beat right there. Geez, why did he used the genuine smile he'd only show to the heroine to me so suddenly! It's bad for my heart!

"T-Thank you very much for your praise..."

K-Kuh... His smile was so destructive. S-Sorry, give me a minute to recover.

Breathe in... Breathe out... Breathe in... Breathe out...

Fuuuuh... Alright.

Hm? Why's he looking at me like that? Why's his eyes so wide and why's his cheeks red?

"Uhm, are you okay, Alex?"

"Ha-? I-I'm fine. Yes, just fine..."

I tilted my head confusedly. Hehe~ He's so weird.

One moment he's all scary and dark, and now, he's blushing so cutely like this. He's even averting her eyes away from me and covered his face with his hand. I don't even remember him being this way when he's with the heroine in the game.

Hehehe, that makes me kinda happy.

He fell into a daze for a moment, staring at my direction as I giggled. But he quickly snapped out of it.

"A-Ahem... So then, are you planning on selling that product? Simply from seeing the effect it had on you and mother, I can guarantee its success on the high society and even amongst the commoners, given you adjust the price and quality accordingly."

"Uhn, I do plan on selling it in, but not before I finish this other thing I'm working on. It's a complementary product that enhances the effect of the shampoo even more!"

I then told him about the conditioner and its effect on the hair. The shampoo I made is the kind that slightly dries out the hair. I wanted to make one that didn't do that, but I only knew the recipe for this one. So, instead of experimenting to make a perfect shampoo and delay selling the shampoo, I decided to make a conditioner first to complement it. After all, I have to make a conditioner either way, and while these two products are selling, we can use the profit we gain from them to experiment and make even better products to sell in the future.

Umu~! A terrific plan indeed! As expected of me!!!

Well... dad helped me reach this decision, but that's not the important part!!!

"I see. That is certainly a brilliant idea. And when they become famous, more people will be inclined to buy a better version of it even at a higher price. As expected, you're truly brilliant, Risa."

"Hehehe~ I'm not that great~"

Oh you little~ You just know how to stroke my ego, don't you~

"Risa, this is where you should be humble."

Lu-nii sighed and shook his head.

"Ara~ Isn't it fine, Lu-niisama~ If Alex and I were to be married, it'd be better if he knows who I really am, right~?"

That's why I've been letting myself go and act how I usually am with my family whenever Alex is here. It'd be too late if we were to get married and he found out how I really am, after all.

"Hm? Why are you two silent?"

Lu-nii was looking at me with widened eyes while Alex... He was super red. What? Did I say something strange?

"Hah... The fact that you can say that so casually in front of the person is just..."

"What? Isn't that true though? Right, Alex?"

"Wha-? Y-Yes, that's true... When we get married..."

Ara, what's this~? Hehehe, is he being shy? This was another thing that never happened in the game.

The perfect prince was never shy. He might get embarrassed and nervous, yes. But never shy. But maybe because he's still young that his defenses were not as strong as they would be when he grew up.

Ufufufu~ This is great. I'll surely make use of this information when he changes into demon lord mode.

"Nee-cha!"

"Ara~ What is it, Kiara-chan~?"

"Eat!"

"Ufufufu~ Okay~ Then let's go to the dining hall and get something to eat~"

"Uhn!"

"Anne, will you bring some sandwiches to the dining hall for all of us?"

"I understand, my lady."

With my adorable little sister in my embrace and two handsome boys by my side, we head to the dining hall in a happy atmosphere.

Though for some reason, Alexus is walking very close to me to the point that we brushed each other's hands.

Hm, that's a bit strange. He's sticking to me even more than usual.

Ah, that must be it! He's feeling lonely since we couldn't meet as often anymore.

Ufufufu~ What a child you are, Prince Alexus. As I thought, the perfect prince is still so young and innocent~ It'll still be a while before he transformed into a heartthrob~