Chapter 5 - Race is Confused Cause- Love

Start from the beginning

Hannah nods. "If the ice doesn't help, I want to see it." She tells him. "And I want him to stop playing for a bit to rest it."

She'd helped Race with a lot of injuries and she knew how much he could handle.

Knobs nods.

He and Spot head back outside.

Race was laying on the ground, his leg pant rolled up while Specs looked at it.

He was using Romeo's shirt (of which he volunteered to let them use) that they had gotten wet to clean Race's knee.

Specs face was a nice shade of red as he tried to avoid looking at his boyfriend.

Race was wincing in pain, but only slightly.

Knobs hands the ice to Davey, who was bent down next to Specs, who sat on the ground.

Ike stares down at Race. "Guess you forgot my directions." He jokes.

Race rolls his eyes. "I didn't." He mutters. "My body just decided it wanted it to be a bad injury day." He defends himself quietly.

The boys chuckle.

"No." Specs responds, getting Romeo's shirt wet again. "You've only tripped twice today. We're nowhere close to our record," he states.

Race purses his lips, considering this. "Yeah. You're probably right." He responds.

"Weird how that usually happens." Specs chuckles softly, twisting Race's knee slightly to the side.

Race rolls his eyes before wincing in pain.

Albert stares at them. "I'm going to regret this," he mumbles. "But what's the record?" He asks.

"Eleven times in four hours." Multiple boys answer in unison.

(And that's totally not inspired by (Author).
Shut it, Race.
Look who's saying that after she tells us to be nice and not fight.
You're all children.)

Spot and Albert stare at Race, eyes wide.

"Maybe that's why I'm still single," Race jokes. "No one wants to take care of someone who's this clumsy."

Crutchie shoots him a stern look.

He opens his mouth to speak, but Race cuts him off before he could.

"I know, I know." He mutters, rolling his eyes. "Self love is important and I am wonderful." He sounded sarcastic.

"Talk." Crutchie tells him. "Later." He points from Race to himself.

Race rolls his eyes, looking up at the sky.

He winces a bit in pain. "Why couldn't we have done this when there were stars out?" He mumbles. "Then, I'd have something to look at."

"Look at Spot." Albert states, deadly serious.

Spot smirks.