"It's not poisoned," She told the girl. Ashlyn's eyes shot up to meet Nat's.

Nat could tell that Ash was trying to detect the lie in her words and it made Nat smile more.

Pepper tapped Ashlyn's shoulder and she spun around.

"Do you drink coffee dear?" Pepper asked her and she nodded.

Ashlyn took a sip of her coffee and after a minute, she seemed to accept the fact that it was safe to drink. After that, she started digging into her pancakes. Nat watched her with curiosity, Ashlyn reminded Nat of when she was little.

Ashlyn's pov:

Ash had to admit, these were some of the best pancakes she had ever tasted.

"Ash!!"

Ash dropped her fork and looked around. Liam was running toward her from a nearby hallway with something in his hands. As he ran closer, Ash realized the thing in his hand was a watch.

Liam ran up to her and gave her a big hug. Tony soon came into the room from the same direction Liam had come,

"Ash, good to see you awake, and not covered in blood"

Ash held in an eye roll as Nat elbowed Tony in the ribs.

"Where's Maya?"

Ash brought her attention back to Liam who was looking at her expectedly.

"She went out," Ash answered simply. In honesty, Ash had absolutely no idea where Maya was or when she was coming back. Ash was about to take another sip of her coffee when,

"Is Jack with her?"

Ash froze. Did he not know? Somebody must have told him, right? All the Avengers were suddenly staring at her. Ash swallowed, this breakfast just got a lot more awkward.

"Ash?" Ash blinked and looked at Liam with a small smile.

"What's that?" she asked, pointing to the watch in his hand.

Liam seemed to forget his question and gave Ash the most excited smile she had ever seen. He strapped the watch on his wrist and tapped it. The watch opened and a sort of glove engulfed Liam's hand. It looked almost like a small version of the hand of the iron man suit.

"And it even shoots," Liam said excitedly as he showed her the repulsors.

Ash ruffled his hair and he giggled.

----

When Ash was done with her pancakes and coffee, Pepper took her empty plate and cup and Ash thanked her for the food.

"Oh, it's no problem honey"

Ash stood up and stretched. Liam, who had been sitting in his own chair talking to Bucky, and Sam also stood up and ran to her side.

"Mr. Bucky and Mr. Birdman said that after breakfast we can have a race with redwing. Can we please stay? Please, please, please, please, pretty please with a cherry on top????"

Ash would usually go with the phrase "ask your sister" But seeing as that wouldn't work this time she tilted her head to the side. Her eyes flicked to Tony and then to Steve who nodded.

"You're more than welcome to stay and wait for Maya to get back," He told her.

Ash sighed. She didn't necessarily want to stay here however she also didn't want Liam to ask any more questions about Jack. With Liam distracted hopefully it would give Ash a chance to think of how to break the news to him.

"You better win that race"

Liam smiled and ran back to Bucky and Sam.

"We have training today," Steve said to his team, then he turned to Ash "You should join."

Ash wasn't sure what he was trying to accomplish by that. But Ash did have the urge to punch something, so maybe training wasn't the worst idea. Ash nodded and Steve smiled. Steve led the way to the elevator and just as he was going to press the button, the doors opened and Peter walked in.

"Hey, guys- Ashlyn?"

"Hey, Peter" Ash said as she followed Steve into the elevator.

--------

Ash, Steve, Nat, and Clint were walking down the hallway to the training room.

"So what's your plan? To take down the orphanage?" Asked Clint, Nat gave him a weird look and he shrugged.

"I'll probably just kill them" Ash replied

"All of them?" Asked Steve and Ash nodded. They walked in silence a few seconds before Steve talked again, "Is that what Jack would have wanted?"

Ash was surprised by this question, she had been trying her best not to think about him. Ash kept her gaze straight ahead of her as she responded.

"It doesn't matter what Jack would have wanted because Jack's gone."

Nobody mentioned Jackson after that.