"NO! Uhm- I mean no... I don't want to be by myself."

"Okay, then I'll stay. Do you want to do anything?"

"Don't you need to do stuff for work?"

"Tomorrow is my day off."

"It is? I didn't even realize."

He looks at me thoughtfully. I feel like a lost dog, needing the guidance of the man sitting across from me.

"I think that you also need to get back into a normal routine before you get back into your work routine."

"Yeah, I suppose that's true.." Maybe I do first need to find a normal routine, maybe that's the problem.

"So, did you eat dinner already?"

"Oh, I wasn't really hungry.."

"That doesn't mean you don't eat. Come on."

We find some ingredients scattered around the kitchen.

"Okay first thing you need to do is go to the supermarket." he walks towards the fridge and picks up the marker of the to-do list. He writes down "Go to the supermarket". I follow his hand and admire his handwriting. I have always liked his handwriting. Especially how he writes his a. He writes it as standard 'a' in Arial. It's quite cute, and he does it so effortlessly.

"Now, I see spaghetti, so if we throw some ingredients together we can make a pretty nice Italian dinner."

"Not every random mixture of ingredients on pasta is Italian.."

"Are you sure?"

His smug face reminds me of the chamber, and of the better days when I could stare at him, unknowing of my feelings. It took me some time to figure out I had feelings. But when I did, I suppressed them out of respect for my relationship and his. But when he looked at me like that, they came back.

"Yes, I'm pretty sure."

"Oh yeah, name one pasta combination that isn't from Italy."

"Mac and cheese."

"That doesn't count."

"Oh yeah? Spaghetti bolognese isn't actually Italian."

"What?"

"Yeah, it should be tagliatelle with ragu, a more meatier version of bolognese."

"Okay, but that still is kind of Italian."

"Spaghetti and meatballs."

"Okay, okay. Not every pasta combination is Italian."

"And whatever this is going to be isn't either, if we're inventing it right here."

"OKAY, we'll make some pasta with.." he picks up a carrot, ".. a carrot? And uhh.. yeah this one's still fine.. uhh."

"Let's just make it."