Chapter 4: Onigiri Miya.

Summary: 

Love is love, no matter what form it comes in. Sometimes, it might arrive in the form of a protective blanket in a cold night.

The ball dropped on the floor; No one there to spike, backs turned, eyes full of rejection.

'We are fed up with you, the selfish king.'

Forsaken. Forgotten. Alone. Benched.

The moment that felt like eternity. Dark and cold. Hell.

Kageyama Tobio was swimming in loneliness. Is somebody out there? Anybody?

'TOSS TO ME!!!'

Came a voice like a lifeline. A log floated in the water. Warm. So warm. Sunshine. Morning had arrived.

His hands held the ball with confidence once again. Setting it for the one who would always be there.

'As long as I am here, you are INVINCIBLE.' He promised the sunshine.

Together. Always together on the same side.

And came a smooth voice.

'Tobio-kun, do ya wanna go out with me?'

'It's cold outside. Why do you wanna go out at this time, Atsumu-San?'

His heart stopped, the lips that were pouted got plastered with another set of lips. How does it feel to sink and fly at the same time? He knew the sensation at the very moment; The moment his first kiss was taken.

'No Tobio-Kun, do ya wanna go out with me?' Asked the brown-eyed boy with golden flecks in them.

'Yes! Atsumu-San.' He had replied with heated cheeks.

This is how it must feel to be happy Tobio had thought. He was flying, higher than ever. The wind ruffling his hair had never felt more gentle. The summer breeze softly rocked sunflowers below as the sun set over the horizon, the field reminded him of the golden hairs and flecks that shone like the sunrays. Blissful and unaware of the darkness lurking behind.

Too soon he was pulled down, thrown in the waters that also reminded him of those amber eyes.

'Tobio, wouldja mind not pickin' a fight with my wing spiker, hmmm?' the velvety voice taunted.

His throat was burning. He felt like he had swallowed the same waters he was drowning in. Stomach churning, he watched the gold fade with the red across the net and it got more difficult to take in air into his lungs.

But, I am yours.

The darkness was back with full force and he was going under. His entire life had been nothing but a journey to reach this very point. Too many voices were surrounding him from all the sides.

'We don't want you, the selfish king.'

'We were never friends to begin with.'

'It seems that you play just like a little goody-two-shoes.'

'Shoyo-Kun. One day I'm gonna set for ya.'

Shut up! Shut up! Shut up!

He could breathe as the silence ensued once again, and found himself standing in front of his senpai and his middle school self. What was he doing back in the middle school again? He looked at the scene unfolding before his eyes as the younger version of himself asked the older boy to teach him how to serve.

This time there was no one to stop the slap. He wanted to call out to younger Tobio, tell him not to approach his senpai, but he was too late. His feet wouldn't move, glued to the floor, he saw younger Tobio fall down. Why couldn't he scream?