Chapter 2: Atsumu's Regret.

Summary: Atsumu loved Tobio too much, but sometimes love is not enough.

"Tobio..."

Those blue eyes were full of hurt. Hurt he caused. The very thing he wanted to avoid had happened. Life was just like that; it never followed your rules.

He shoved the redhead away from him and ran after the love of his life, ignoring his name being shouted. He had to go after Tobio, chase him to the end of the world if required. Atsumu's heart was beating out of his chest, the world spinning around him, the only thought in his mind: Don't let him get away.

When did everything go so wrong? Tobio was the only source of love for him, then when had his need become so grotesque? Atsumu had fallen hard and fast for the ravennette, and never one to miss a chance, had just gone and taken what he wanted. He considered himself the luckiest man in the whole world, for he had Tobio's love.

His Tobio. The one to make him realize his sexuality. The one to make his heart beat. The one who had given him everything and more. The one with the intense and sincere sapphire eyes. The one full of awkwardness and cuteness. The one who smiled the brightest looking at Atsumu like he had literally hung the stars and the moon in the sky. The one who held him like he was the most precious thing in the world.

The one you hurt. The one who might not forgive you. The one who might leave you.

No, Atsumu didn't have time for thinking about the consequences of his actions. He had to find Tobio and explain that... explain that... explain what?

"Do you have to join the Adlers?" Atsumu whined.

He was pissed! After dealing with the long distance relationship for years, he had hoped that Tobio would join his league, and they would finally be able to spend more time together. As time had passed, his desire for having Tobio by his side had only grown stronger. Logically, he understood why it had to be this way, but his stupid heart in love was impossible to reason with.

"We are still together in the National team, Atsumu." Tobio looked straight at him.

"And the Olympics and world cup tournaments only happen every four years." He pulled at his hair in frustration and turned away from Tobio, facing the wall.

Atsumu had been restless and agitated ever since he heard the news of his boyfriend joining Schweiden Adlers. He had taken it out on Tobio as soon as he entered his apartment, on their scheduled weekend visit, taking him straight to bed. He thought that hours of having Tobio at his mercy would calm his nerves, but the ever present disappointment of being far away from Tobio was still shimmering below the surface of his skin.

Tobio hugged him from behind pulling him closer.

"It's only a two and a half hours train ride from Tokyo to Osaka. I will come visit you all the time." Tobio promised in his ear.

Atsumu suppressed a shiver.

"It's five hours I dun get to spend with ya." Atsumu huffed.

"Then, won't you spend those five hours thinking of me? I know I will." Tobio smiled, kissing on his neck.

"Yer not bein' cute, Tobio." Atsumu deadpanned.

"I am telling the truth, 'Tsumu." Tobio said sincerely as he turned Atsumu's head around a bit with his fingers and kissed him on the lips.