All reason aside I just can't deny, I love the guy

Start from the beginning

Sometimes Dan felt like a normal person. As if his brain was blocking out what was really going on. He looked at Phil and the only thing he saw was the love of his life. Nothing else.

He often caught himself wishing for a normal life with Phil. Then he thought about how a normal life would be incredibly boring and wouldn't suit them. But then again he thought that he would love Phil in any life situation. That he would stay with him no matter what.

They were meant to be together.

The first night in the hotel they just stayed in.

Phil had suggested walking through the streets, which meant "Let's look for someone.", but Dan asked him to just stay. Phil did so and they found themselves on their little balcony.

The few streets they could see were dark, but if they looked further into the distance, they could see the city centre with all its lights. It smelled different, fresher. It was probably because the ocean was just around the corner.

Phil poured them both wine while Dan lit a cigarette. A few months ago Phil had hated it, but now he said nothing more about it and simply handed Dan his glass of wine. They smiled gently at each other, their fingers touching for a moment, whereupon Phil sat down on the free chair.

For a while they said nothing, just sat next to each other, watching the world in front of them. And for a moment they felt like kings.

They clinked glasses. Dan hated white wine in the beginning but now started to get used to it.

"Do you ever think about how it all started?" Dan asked as he put out his cigarette and looked at Phil. Phil started to smile slightly.

"Quite a lot actually." The older one smiled and Dan leaned back in his chair, drinking a bit of his wine.

They actually didn't talk about their past that much. Mostly because Dan sometimes doubted it really happened. He can't believe it were almost seven years ago.

When he thought back, he no longer recognised the boy from the hut. As if it had been someone else.

"It's funny, isn't it?" Dan said. "Where we started and where we are now."

"I like the development." Phil said as he poured himself some more wine. "You had extreme inferiority complexes."

"Hey!" Dan frowned and looked at Phil who just raised his eyebrows. "Don't come at me like that."

"I'm right, though." Phil said and Dan rolled his eyes. "But look at you now. All confident and strong. Best thing that ever happened to me."

Dan had to control himself not to pout. Instead, he smiled in love, put his chin on his hand. He was so in love. And then he started to laugh, because he remembered how absurd their story was.

"I didn't even know your name when I fell in love with you." he laughed and put his wine glass on the small table next to him.

"Oh god, I forgot I didn't tell you my name." Phil also remembered and laughed a bit.

"I don't even know how we had sex before I knew your name." Dan really tried to remember that. What did he scream instead?

"I'm sorry." Phil tried to hide his smile.

"That was really mean of you. You knew my name but I didn't know yours, why the fuck was that fair? Who the hell did you think you are." Dan stated, but couldn't hold his laugh back at the end.

"I'm really sorry, baby." Phil pouted and put his hand gently on Dan's arm.

And there is was. The pet name, the love in Phil's eyes, the good kind of pain in Dan's heart when it was too much of this feeling. God damn it, he loved him so much.