Baelor (Audelia POV)

Začať od začiatku

Because in the morning, I heard commotion outside. People yelling, and walking down the streets in large groups. It woke Gendry and Arya up.

"What's happening?", asked Arya fearfully. I looked out the window, watching the many people walk down the street.

"I don't know", I whispered back. In that moment, we heard rapid footsteps coming up the stairs and heading for Gendry's room we were in. Gendry pushed me and Arya under the bed, and acted like nothing out of the ordinary was happening.

"Gendry, lad, are you coming?", asked a man I didn't recognize. Most likely another Smith.

"Where? I have a day off today", asked Gendry.

"Didn't you hear? The new King has called us all to the Great Sept of Baelor. Some kind of announcement", replied the man and my blood ran cold. 

"Yeah, I'll be right down", replied Gendry, stuttering a little. The man left and we got up from under the bed.

"What did he mean by announcement?", asked Arya confused, looking up at both of us.

"We are going to find out soon enough", I replied coldly. 

I pulled my hood up and grabbed Arya's hand, pulling her with me. We swiftly got out of the Smith's shop, unseen by anybody. Gendry followed us. We quickly joined the crowd, walking beside all of the people.

"What if this is a trap?", asked Arya worriedly. "Or what if it has something to do with father?".

"Don't worry, we'll be okay", I assured her but I was mostly trying to assure myself.

"I'm sure it's nothing", tried to comfort us Gendry. "It's most likely some new law he changed first as King".

"Would he call all the people of King's Landing for some law change?", I asked sassily and Gendry clenched his jaw.

"Depends on the law", he replied.

The crowd we were with, joined another one and we quickly got separated from Gendry. I tried looking for him, not letting go of Arya's hand.

"Gendry!", I tried screaming over the many people's voices but to no avail, I didn't see him.

"Audelia, I'm scared", said Arya and I bend down next to her.

"Everything is going to be okay", I tried to assure her but she didn't look assured. "Hey tiny, we are Starks. We are wolves. We have nothing to be afraid of."

"I'm not so sure", she replied.

"When the snow falls, and the white winds blow", I begin reciting what father told us both so many times. "The lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. We are a pack. We stay together. We have nothing to be afraid of. Repeat after me, I am not afraid."

"I am not afraid", she repeated with her eyes closed. "I am not afraid", she said quieter, and she seemed to calm down a little.

"Slay your demons when you are awake, and they won't be there when you are asleep", I say. Uncle Brynden Tully used to tell me that with Robb. But I always thought it was a funny saying. I had nightmares of dragons burning my uncles and grandfather alive because Theon told me the stories. I had nightmares about my siblings dying because when I was little, Jon got the pox and almost didn't survive the night. How could I have slayed those 'demons' when I was awake when they weren't really there? However, that saying did help me get over my nightmares and fears, and perhaps it would help Arya with hers.

"I am not afraid", she repeated again. We continued through the crowd, and I was still looking for Gendry but it was like he disappeared into the ground.