Chapter 3

As I slowly sit up, a bird flutters by.
"Lexi!!"I scream.

No answer.

I decided after a few minutes that I can't just wait here until someone comes out here to save me. Matter of fact, I don't think anybody even knows were the hell I am.
I scream her name one more time and a couple of birds fly out of a tree. I walk around the treed in area were I woke up at. I see a little opening by two little trees with pink fleet blossoms stand.
I stop.
When I fainted it had been fall because they had the autumn sale at the boutique I was at.

I suddenly realize all the details I hadn't noticed when I was on the ground;The grass is greener, blossoms are forming, the sky was a brilliant blue ,and the air was warm and welcoming.
I walk through the little opening in the trees and find myself looking upon a body. A man. I walk over to him not certain of what to do and check for a pulse. Then I notice the clothing he is wearing. A red coat with a white undershirt and tight black pants. I also notice his stomach moving, which means he is alive. He all of the sudden jerks up and is very much alive and then I see the gunshot in his arm.
He turns to look at me and in a heavy British accent asks me,
"And who might you be?"
"Well, I am Lucy Owens"
"Aye, never heard that name before. Where might you be from?"
"Um, I am certainly not from here"
"Yes, I can tell." He grabs my thigh and pulls me closer as I struggle to get away. He whispers in my ear,
"Might I show you the way then?"
He starts to lift up my dress then I hear a gunshot and the man is on the ground again. Either unconscious or dead I honestly could not care less at this point. I turn and run and run into the man who obviously shot the man who had tried to rape me.
As I look at his face to apologize, I gasp.