Monstercat 008 - Anniversary: Part 1

"Hey, MCat, guess what day it is?" Rezonate asked.

"Is this something important that I should really know, but have forgotten, as always?" Monstercat was not known for recalling things, especially things that he very much needed to remember. A few good examples would be when he left the hyper-air conditioning on in Tristam's truck, and froze the thing solid. Needless to say, Tristam was pissed.

"Uhhhhhh..nope. Nothing. You'll have to tell me." Rezonate sighed exasperatedly. "It's the anniversary of wehn GQ, Varien, and Stephen found you in the forest near the spaceship." "Oh. Well, that's nice. Hey, could you give me some time alone? Like, go and, you know, set up a party or something...." Rezonate nodded, and flew off.

Mostercat sat down, and sighed to himself. Had it really been a year since his escape from the Industry ship and subsequent crash landing? Monstercat had been leading a rebellion against an oppressive intergalactic empire, and for all he knew, it had fallen by now. Earth didn't exactly have the materials or resources necessary for Monstercat to get back to rejoin his fellow rebels.

Then again, as he thought about it, Earth had really become a second home for him. Maybe once the empire fell, he'd come back here.

"No use just sitting around here doing nothing." he thought to himself. Monstercat stood up, and headed back to his friends.

_____________________________________________________________

Tristam looked away from his project to see Monstercat coming back from his thinking session. "Umm, I need someone to distract the alien cat while we finish the project!" There was a silence, that indicated that not a single person there wanted to be responsible for keeping the little creature from setting off a nuke, or something. Tristam sighed exasperatedly.

"Fine. We'll take turns. Fij, you're up first." There was an audible groan from over where Mr. FijiWiji was working.

"Fiiiiinnneeee......."

_____________________________________________________________

Monstercat was walking back to hsi friends with Varien, who had been a very....interesting person, mainly because of his surprisingly subtle attemps to scare Monstercat, many of which worked. "We should be getting close." he said in a dark, dry tone. "Isn't that what you said the last five times--wait, what's that?" Monstercat had noticed a light shining through the trees. He crept closer, ignoring Varien, and allowing him to slip away quietly. Monstercat continued to move closer. "Hey, death-guy, what do you think it is?" There was no response, which didn't surprise Monstercat, as Varien tended not to respond to all of his questions.

Monstercat turned around. There was no-one there. "Varien?" "VAARRRIENNN!!" No response. Monstercat shivered, then turned back towards where the light was coming from. Then, he heard music. Music that he had heard somewhere before. And cheering. Lots of cheering. Monstercat walked closer towards the light, and then bam! 

He was standing at the edge of a huge crowd of people, all pushing, and shoving and jostling to get closer to something in the center. Monstercat bounded up onto a rock at the edge of the crowd, and stood up to his full hight of 4'3". There, on stage, in full veiw of everyone, stood Tristam, Stephen Walking, and Rogue, playing their electronic songs loud enough for the whole city could hear. Monstercat could just make out some of the other artists standing at the edge of the stage.

Then, he looked closer. They had some sort of a team logo, and it looked like many of the people in the crowd were wearing that logo on thier shirts, headbands, jackets, pants, and pretty much everything else. The logo was......him.

That's when someone at the bacl noticed him. "OMG, it's Monstercat!!" Soon it seemed like everyone in the nearby vicinity was taking photos or chanting: "Monster-cat! Monster-cat!" Monstercat ended up hoisted above the crowd, with glow-rings all over him.

The music was playing, people were cheering, and in all this, Monstercat found the time to sink back into his thoughs for a few precious moments.

It may not be home, but I can live with this... He looked around one last time, surrounded by hundreds of fans, his fans, no less. Yeah, I can definately live with this.....