04

The room was dark and chilly. [Y/N] lay awake staring at the soft glow on the ceiling, created by the streetlight. Her body felt cosy under the thick duvet and the warm body next to her only added to the overall feeling. She glanced at the digital clock on the night table. Only one in the morning. Still, plenty of time to sleep before work. She closed her eyes, but the sleep did not come.

With a quiet sigh she carefully slipped out of the bed and made her way to the kitchen, not forgetting to close the door of the bedroom.

The kettle whistled and turned off and she hurriedly poured the hot water into her mug. She sat down and tried to organize her thoughts.

What the hell am I doing? Was the first thing she asked herself, but [Y/N] did not have a satisfying answer to that question. She has been asking herself that for a month, since the first time she slipped and allowed herself to indulge in a physical relationship with Kaminari Denki.

She glanced at the flourished Venus flytrap on the table and rolled her eyes unable to control the urge. A thoughtful gift from Denki. "It reminded me of you." he said and handed her the flowerpot. Only this dolt could turn a romantic gesture to something so dope. She rubbed her temples, but nevertheless the corners of her lips turn up in a smile.

How long is this going to continue? Hot tea burned her tongue, but the three teaspoons of sugar eased the blow. We can't keep this...this...hidden... She covered her face with her hands, unable to call their connection a relationship. In her mind it wasn't. [Y/N] didn't know what they had. It was strange. They were work partners, but they were not friends. They had sex, but they were not partners.

Trying to analyse how she managed to involve herself with the only person she promised herself never to be involved with, [Y/N] didn't notice Denki appearing in the doorway.

It must end eventually. No, actually, scratch that, it has to end sooner than later. She exhaled soundly. Everything secret inevitably sees the light of the day. Suddenly strong warm arms wrapped around her and a chin rested on her head. [Y/N] shuddered a little, feeling startled, but quickly relaxed in the familiar embrace.

"You are overthinking again." Denki mumbled into her hair. The scent of his cologne tickled her nostrils. It was a pleasant mix of citrus and mint, unusual combination to [Y/N]. "I bet I can make you forget whatever you have on your mind." She could sense him smiling into her hair.

"Your confidence is cute." She replied and leaned back on him.

He chuckled and held her tighter. "You know what's really cute?" he questioned smirking.

"Hmm?"

"The way you were screaming my name on this table just a few hours ago."

[Y/N] groaned at his words, making the blonde chuckle. He kissed her temple and trailed soft kisses to her ear and down her neck. He trailed his tongue up and down her neck. Metallic sensation from his tongue piercing pulsated on her skin, sending waves of pleasure through her body. This will have to end. The thought flashed through her mind and [Y/N] shivered.

"Let's go to bed, my little mouse," His breath was hot and voice alluring. He must have thought that she was cold and at that moment she did not feel like telling him otherwise. [Y/N] allowed him to pick her up in his arms and carry her to bed. Of course, he didn't let her sleep. Denki made love to her slowly and sensually, caressing every part of her body in a way that only he knew how to.

When they finally finished it was already dawn. Exhausted and satisfied, Denki fell asleep almost instantly. [Y/N] looked at his sleeping face. Her mind travelled to the same complex thoughts she had earlier. She sighed quietly and closed her eyes. I have to get some sleep. A couple of hours is better than nothing. Denki's steady breathing was soothing and soon the tension of her body started to ease.

She moved a little closer to him and in response, he wrapped his arm around her waist and held her tightly against his body. [Y/N] started to drift into a peaceful slumber with a back thought that breaking their connection would be harder than she thought; not because she was in love with him, but because he became a habit. And everybody knows how difficult it is to get rid of bad habits.