02

Being away from work for whole three days was a torture, so when [Y/N] walked through the front door of the agency, she couldn't help but smile. Her upbeat attitude did not last long. As she quickly approached her desk, she could not oversee the familiar blonde head with a black lightning-shaped streak on the left of his side fringe. He was drinking a frappe and looking very comfortable at Riot's desk.

He looked up and smiled as if they have been friends for years.

"Good morning," she said, feeling obliged to be at least polite on basic level. "Where's Riot?"

Denki shrugged. "All I know is that he will be back later."

She sat down and turned on her laptop. "And why are you here?"

"Oh, no one told you?" he grinned. "My agency is undergoing some...changes so I will be working from here for some time."

Her long cynical look did not faze him, and he continued smiling. "So, please take care of me."

[Y/N] didn't reply and started looking through her mail and then the Hero Network. Details from the attack have already been posted with numerous photos of her, including the one where she fainted. The girl winced at the pitiful sight when Denki spoke again.

"So, Venus, huh?" his clear attempt to start a conversation only irritated her.

"Yes."

"Venus, like the Roman Goddess?" he continued.

She looked at him bubbling with annoyance.

"No. Venus, like the flytrap."

"You are too unfriendly for a hero." He leaned back on atmosphere between them suddenly changed. "No wonder they did not admit you as a pro."

[Y/N] glared at him, trying to convey all that she was thinking of him in one gaze. "Maybe it's for the best." She finally said through her gritted teeth. "They are clearly not a very picky organisation."

"How do you figure?"

It was her time to lean back on the chair. "Well, they've accepted you." Denki held her gaze. He kept clenching and unclenching his fingers, generating high voltage power which begged to be released. [Y/N] felt it with every fibre of her body.

"It's good to see you guys getting along so well." Riot broke through the thick gooey atmosphere in his usual blunt manner. "I made the right decision you sit you together."

[Y/N] scoffed.

Kirishima ignored her snarky attitude and continued. "It's good to have you back [Y/N]. Perfect timing too."

Something in his smile alerted her senses. "Denki probably told you that he will be working from here for now and he's going to need a partner."

She did not like where he was going.

"And I could not think of a better candidate than you."

"What?!" she rose to her feet abruptly, slamming her hands on the table. Although the redhead expected that kind of reaction, he still felt a little uneasy.

"Would you give us a minute?" he said to Denki, who smirked at the girl, making her wonder if he knew all along.

"Why me?"

"You are my last resort. In the past three days he managed to piss off the entire male part of the agency and I don't want to have the female part of the agency crying because he was messing around." Kirishima almost pleaded.

"So, I'm not a woman?" [Y/N] crossed her arms on her chest and raised her eyebrow. Of course, he had a point, but she wouldn't be herself if she didn't argue a little. He sent her a helpless look.