07 | Dreaming in a Nightmare

Start from the beginning

Elysia ran across a long rooftop, before jumping up and maneuvering forwards.
She eyed the Titans in front of the group, a frown still present on her face.

"Look at all those Titans!"
"The vanguard's been routed!"
"What are they doing? After all their boasting?"

Elysia did her best to ignore her comrades as she stayed put in the front.

"Stop!" Eren yelled out, as an Aberrant Titan jumped forward, hitting his head straight on a tall building.

With a grunt, she managed to land on the house right next to Armin. She glanced at Eren, who was dangling off the side, threatening to fall.
She shifted her gaze back to the Aberrant, who slowly showed its head from beside the building, reveal what, or better who, it had in its mouth.

Thomas..!

They all helplessly watched as the Titan devoured their comrade and friend.
Eri balled up her hands, trying to stop them from shaking so much.

"How dare you?!" Eren screamed, before taking off on his own and maneuvering towards the Titan.

"Eren, wait!" She yelled out in protest along with the others.
"Stop! Don't go alone!"
However, Elysia was sure he couldn't even hear them at this point.
Instead, she quickly got herself together and took off after him, Armin and the rest following shortly after.

They tried catching up to him, but he already had a head start.

He's going to get himself killed. Eri had an angry look on her face as she watched his figure from behind.
Her heart almost stopped when she saw the Titan jumping up from below, ready to bit Eren in half.

Luckily, he was lucky, and before he could be eaten, Eren managed to get away quickly. However, that lead to him stumbling and falling down very quickly.

Elysia heard the screams of her comrades behind her, but she was too scared to loon back.
She came to a halt in front of three Titans, who were all eyeing her like she was candy, which she was, to them at least.

She quickly shot a hook into the Titan on the far left's shoulder, flying up to quickly slice its nape.
She repeated the same thing with the other two.
They were to slow to catch her, however, when she was about to kill the last one, her hands slipped, and she didn't cut deep enough.

She took herself by surprise, which resulted in her pummeling down to the ground.

Armin watched in horror as Titan's approached all his friends, listening to their cries for help.

Elysia couldn't help but do the same, staring up at the Titan with wide eyes, as she sat on the ground before it.
For some reason, all her brain did was telling her to run.
She forgot how to use her 3DMG, as all she did was run.
Her right ankle hurt, all well as her arm.
She felt as if all of her limbs were going to fall off.

The Titan had no problem catching up to her, as it seemingly crawled on the ground right behind her.
Her hand flew up to the back of her head out of reflex, grabbing the red hairband tightly.

Tears fell down her cheeks, the Titan opened his mouth, and then,

nothing.