He nods, giving me a weak smile.

"It's okay. Thank you."

He leans his head back against the wall, eyes fluttering open and shut, like he could barely keep himself awake.

"How are you feeling?"

This is, of course, a stupid question. He'd just fallen off a cliff.

"Fine, just a little cold and lightheaded."

Of course he's cold, he's still in wet clothes.

Dumbass.

"I'll get you dry clothes, okay?"

He shrugs, gripping his arms with his hands, cheeks pink, and the room fades into an awkward silence. He's tired, and hurt, and I'm stressed, and neither of us have the energy to form words, to have a conversation.

"You should lie down, you look terrible."

He opens his mouth as if to argue, but shuts it a second later and complies, and I watch painfully as he slowly folds into himself, watch his eyes flutter shut.

I leave the spare room and make my way to my own, rummaging around my drawers, hunting for the most comfortable clothing I owned. I make my way back to Dan with them bundled up in my arms. He looks dead, eyes fluttering tiredly, and I clench my hands into fists inside my pockets, aching to lie him down and smooth the worry lines out of his forehead, but I can't, I don't, so I just give him a soft smile instead.

"Just come out and bring me your wet clothes when you've finished changing."

He nods, and I close the door behind me to give him some privacy, walking out to the lounge and collapsing onto the couch, leaning my head back and giving a tired, shuttering sigh.

Someone clears their throat, and I snap my head up to see a skeptical looking Jamie eyeing me down.

"Is he still not awake?" he asks, looking unimpressed with me.

Ever since I'd gotten home yesterday, carrying this half dead boy in my arms, I'd all but ignored him, shrugging off his concerns.

He has not been impressed.

"Actually, yeah, he's woken up, he's just changing into some dry clothes right now," I say quietly, giving a timid smile. Jamie just huffs at me, folding his arms and looking irritated, and I stare back, blinking innocently.

Finally, I bend.

"Okay, okay. I'm sorry. I know. It was mean of me to keep you out of the loop and make you worried. I'm sorry."

He raises an eyebrow, unimpressed.

"I am!"

He pauses, looking irked, before rolling his eyes and relaxing his shoulders.

"Fine, I forgive you this time, Lester. But just this time."

I grin tiredly and poke him in the side.

"You love me."

He rolls his eyes and grumbles.

"Yeah, I guess."

Just then, a floorboard creaks, and we both turn to see Dan peeking his head uncertainly around the corner into the lounge, looking slightly relieved to see me sitting there. I give him a reassuring smile.

"Hey Dan! Do the clothes fit alright?"

Well that was another stupid question.

"Um, yes, thank you."

I turn towards Jamie, gesturing between the two of them.

"Jamie, this is Dan. Dan, Jamie."

I look at Jamie to see a sour expression on his face, giving a half hearted wave before walking out of the room, and I roll my eyes. He can be such a child sometimes.

"Let's get you something to eat. We can sit down and talk if you'd like?"

Dan shakes his head.

"No thanks."

"Oh, okay. That's fine, as long as you have something to eat before you go. You've been asleep for a day. Gotta have nutrients if you want to feel better."

He agrees to this deal.

After he disappears back upstairs with the sandwich I'd made him, I sink back onto the sofa with a tired sigh. This has been a very long day.

-

hey this is short I think but I wrote it instead of revising so idk it's better than nothing. it's got basically the same events but in both of their point of views because i think it's better like that, and i'll probably do that a lot throughout this so just stick with me.