"I think I can manage that. But I do think I might need to find some more clothes." Tiffany looked down. The robe she was wearing, while comfortable and soft, was not the sort of thing she would want to walk around in--not that she was going to be going very far, at least not yet. But she would feel more comfortable in at least a pair of pajamas.

"Ah! I'm sorry, I forgot to mention." Angelica walked quickly to the chest of drawers and opened the second one from the top. "Before he left for the day, Mr. Lawrence got you a few odds and ends--we guessed at your sizes, but most of it should fit." She took out a pair of pajamas and brought them to Tiffany for inspection. There were still tags on, but the prices had been removed; nonetheless, Tiffany saw that the brand was Victoria's Secret--these were not cheap. They looked wonderfully comfortable--thick, soft cotton.

"Thank you so much," Tiffany said, taking them in hand and glancing in the direction of the bathroom. "When will... Mr. Lawrence?" Angelica nodded. "When will he be back?" Angelica glanced away from her face for just an instant, before meeting her gaze once more.

"He should be back just before night," she said smoothly. "If you think you can get into the pajamas without any problems, I'll just put in your order with the chef." Tiffany assured the older woman that she could, and got up, slowly and carefully, shuffling to the bathroom as Angelica left in the same quick, breezy way that she had entered.

Tiffany went from one sense of luxury to another; the breakfast that Angelica brought her was amazing--hash browns piled high, the eggs benedict absolutely perfect, and the coffee rich and flavorful. She took one of her pain pills and let Angelica help her to the sitting room attached to her guest room, where she settled on a comfortable couch with a blanket draped over her and watched TV; her mysterious benefactor had every conceivable channel, and on-demand service as well--there were some shows that Tiffany had never watched, but which she had heard about on enough occasions to be curious, and while the master of the house was away, giving her full access to his hospitality, she indulged her interest--binge-watching the most intriguing ones. Throughout the day, Angelica came by every so often to check on her, bringing her lunch and snacks, asking if she needed anything else. Tiffany was beyond contented with her situation--she was almost suspicious. How good could Mr. Lawrence really be? She couldn't quite believe that any man, even if he had experienced abuse at some point in his life, would open up such an opulent home to a perfect stranger without expecting something in return. As the afternoon wore on, she wondered if there would be a hidden cost for all of this extravagant generosity she had already received.

Tiffany felt a flutter of apprehension as the afternoon moved into early evening, the sun starting its descent on the horizon. The owner of the house she was staying in would be returning soon--Tiffany worried that she might have done something wrong, that she might have presumed too much on his offer of everything being at her disposal. After living with Ralph, she knew very well that for some people, there was no need of any real infraction. Tiffany told herself that she was being silly--that Ralph would never have made such a generous offer to her as what her mysterious benefactor already had. It was obvious--or should be--that Mr. Lawrence was a very different kind of man.

When he came into the room, Tiffany started to get up instinctively, feeling both defensive and afraid. "I didn't think you'd mind if I watched some TV--I can't really do much, as injured as I am," she said quickly. The man shook his head, smiling as he came closer, moving slowly, holding his hands up and out in a soothing gesture.

"I certainly didn't expect that you'd feel up to going horseback riding, Tiffany," he said. Tiffany felt the blood rush to her face at the way her name sounded with his accented voice. "You had everything you wanted? I see you found the pajamas." Tiffany blushed a deeper crimson, looking down with a shy smile.