Chapter 5

"And I said, ooh, I'm blinded by the lights.
No, I can't sleep until I feel your touch.
I said, ooh, I'm drowning in the night
Oh, when I'm like this, you're the one I trust. "

***

"I will find you anyways." He stares at me with the green eyes. "I think you remember or am I mistaken?" He pierces me with his gaze.

"I-I..." He presses his finger against my lips. "You know, I have to punish you now. Turn around. I will hit you 5 times and you will count."

"Ahhhhh!" I'm bathed in sweat in my bed. What was that? It was a horrible day and it won't even leave me alone when I'm asleep. I've never had a nightmare like this one before. It felt so real and also looked so realistic.

I really just dreamt about that intimidating guy from the club and he did the punishment Mason did.

Holy shit.

It's 5 am and I'm that kind of person who's unable to fall asleep again after they've been awake.

I decide to get up and walk down to the kitchen. I notice that there's still some of the dinner of my mom left on the counter, so I make my way to it.

It's not that much, but still enough for me since I'm quite hungry. I don't even know why, because normally my first meal is around 12 pm.

While I'm eating the food I try to think of what I could possibly do right now. I can't watch TV otherwise my mom and even worse Mason will wake up. Maybe boredom will be the reason I'm dying.

I could call Mary and see, if she would mind, if I come over. I feel so guilty and still mad at the same time. I mean, I just shove her off last time I saw her. And she just left me all by myself in the club.

Ugh. I don't know what to do.

The few noodles that were left are now all eaten up, but I don't feel fed up really. I need to stop eating, if I don't want to look like an inflated ball. I wouldn't mind actually, maybe then boys wouldn't even think about talking to me.

I place the empty plate next to the sink and go upstairs. I search for Mary's number in my phone since I decided to call her. I can't live without her. She's my only friend and she knows everything about me.

"Claire?" She answers the phone, sounding very sleepy. It wasn't my intention to wake her up, although I almost could tell before I called her that she wouldn't be awake around 5:30 am.

"Um, yeah. It's me. I was wondering, if I might come over to your house. I'm struggling with sleeping and I really need to talk to you." I try to explain, hearing my own voice cracking and getting quieter.

"I don't mind. Come over." She growls into the phone and I feel relieved hearing that. I couldn't even say anything else as she just hung up directly after she said I could come over.

I didn't questioned it. I just pack my things, my phone and keys for the house. I quickly change my clothes in the bathroom, brushing my teeth and hair and make my way downstairs once more.

I think about it one last time and then leave my home. I shut the door behind me and exhale sharply.

It's still dark outside and now that I'm alone, I have a lot of time thinking about what happened yesterday. I can't concentrate on anything except for the guy that sat down next to me in the club.

I think I won't forget his green eyes ever. He seemed so determined with everything he was doing.

I look at the ground as I'm still walking. I feel a tear running down my cheek, which might be because of the stress I had recently.