Emanet: (Yaman & Seher): Event Night

Event Night

It was a warm summer night in the Krimli Mansion. The stars were shining outside and Seher had already tucked Yusuf in for the night. She looked at the sleeping child with a happy smile. He was growing day by day, and looked more and more like her sister Kevser.

"Sister," She whispered as she caressed the child's curls," our little one is growing everyday."

A small tear escaped her eye and she quickly wiped it with her hand. It was almost a year since her sister and father's deaths. The past months, she had been thinking endlessly of them, especially at night.

"I wish you both were here," she whispered. She had spent such little time with her sister.

She was only seventeen when she had left and married onto the Krimli family. When she left, it felt like a part of Seher had left along with her. Kevser was that person who she had confided in. She was like her own mother.

A soft knock on the door, drover her out of her thoughts. "Sehercimm," Adalet called.

"Yaman bey is asking for you."

Seher nodded. She tried to dry any left over tears from her cheeks. "Is everything okay?" Adalet asked.

Seher nodded, "Yes, I was just thinking about my sister."

Adalet nodded, "Yes, Mrs. Kevser, she was such a bright person. Before you came, when master Yalcin was here, they would fill these walls with laughter. They were so in love."

Seher smiled. She was happy that her sister was able to have some happiness. It was what gave her peace.

"I will get ready. Can you tell my husband that I will be down soon."

Adalet nodded. "Don't worry my dear, I will go and tell him now. You take your time."

Seher left to her room to get ready. Meanwhile, Yaman was sitting in the living room couch waiting a bit impatiently for his wife. Ziya was sitting at the other side looking at his younger brother.

"Yaman, is everything okay? You look very anxious brother...is your peace disturbed?"

Yaman shook his head. It was the first official event that he'd be taking Seher too. It made him nervous and at the same time quite excited.

In the past, he'd often gone by himself. He never lasted long in those events. They were tiring and a waste of time. Especially the woman who'd like to stick to him like bugs, even when he'd make it clear that he was not interested.

"Yaman bey, Sehercimm just got Yusuf to sleep. She will be getting ready soon."

Yaman nodded. He looked over at his phone. They were still early, but he already wanted to see her.

He had not really wanted to go to the event. He had planned on taking Seher out to a nice restaurant, but Nedim had reminded him that the event was going to be hosted by the company this time around. He couldn't ditch it. 

Seher hadn't even thought about going with him at first, but he had no intention of going if she wasn't going with him. At the end, they both decided to go. Of course, after a talk with Cenger about it.

It was almost seven thirty when Seher walked down the stairs. Yaman looked over feeling impatient. His wife was wearing a navy blue dress that stuck nicely to her body along with black stilettos.  When she noticed that she was being stared at, she looked over at the ground shyly.

Yaman smiled. "You look beautiful." He told her as she approached him.

"Yes, you look really pretty Seher," Ziya confirmed, "Just like a princess."