Bullets hurt

"The anti-gravs are rigged to flip. Touch 'em, they'll go full reverse thrust. The city's not coming down slow."Athena heard FRIDAY on her new back up comms. 

"The spire's Vibranium. If I get Thor to hit it..." Ton trailed off. 

"It'll crack, but that's not enough, the impact would still be devastating." FRIDAY stated. 

" Maybe if we cap the other end, keep the atomic action doubling back." Tony was trying his best. 

"Tony, that could vaporise the city- and everyone on it" Athena told him. 

"The next wave's gonna hit any minute. What have you got, Stark?" Steve asked him. Athena was dropped next to him by Pietro, who sped off again. 

"A way to blow up the city maybe" Tony told him. 

"I asked for a solution, not an escape plan" Steve gave Athena a hug. 

"Impact radius is getting bigger every second. We're going to have to make a choice.

"Cap, these people are going nowhere. If Stark finds a way to blow this rock..." Nat gave Athena a small wave. 

"Not 'til everyone's safe." Steve told her. 

"Everyone up here versus everyone down there? There's no math there." Natasha tried to reason, Athena found herself agreeing with her. 

"I'm not leaving this rock with one civilian on it." Steve said stubbornly.

"She never said anything about leaving" Athena pointed out. Steve's eyes widened. 

"No way, absolutely not. I will not let you get hurt" he told her. 

"There's worse ways to go. Where else are we gonna get a view like this?" Natasha shrugged.

Athena though the redhead was right, the view was amazing. Blue sky and fluffy clouds. She wondered briefly if heaven really existed, and if it did, it probably looked like this.

"Glad you like the view, Romanoff. It's about to get better." Nick Fury's voice sounded over the comms, breaking through the clouds,  a huge helicarrier took Athena's breath away. She was ready to fight but not dying on the stupid flying rock sounded good. "Nice, right? I pulled her out of mothballs with a couple of old friends. She's dusty, but she'll do."

"Fury, you son of a bitch." Steve chuckled. 

"Oooh! You kiss your mother with that mouth?" Fury joked. 

Lifeboats flew out of the helicarrier and flew toward the flying city. Pietro stopped next to Athena and looked at the sight with awe. 

"This is SHIELD?" he asked.

"This is what SHIELD's supposed to be." Steve told him. 

"This is not so bad." Pietro smiled at Athena and sped off to help people. 

"You're not crushing on him anymore?" Nat teased Athena. 

"Nah, I'm holding the spot open" Athena chuckled and ran after Steve. 

.....

"Pietro!" Athena said on her comms, "I'm at life boat number six, take me to the church" A blue blur appeared and soon Athena was next to Steve, Thor, Wanda and Vision. 

"You know I'm not a taxi" Pietro took a moment to catch his breath. 

Athena called for Mjolnir and blasted a robot with it. Suddenly she felt a pull in her right hand and she let the hammer fly to Vision.