Clint's family

The quin jet landed in a familiar landscape. Athena, supported by Steve gasped when she saw the farmhouse she had seen three years ago. 

"Clint" she breathed out. 

"What is this place?" Thor asked on the porch. 

"A safe house?" Tony replied. 

"It's his home" Athena realised. Clint gave her a small smile and opened the door. 

"Honey! I'm home"

A heavily pregnant woman with brown hair walked in, she glanced at the strangers and then walked toward Clint. 

"Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." Clint apologised.

"Hey" The woman said. 

She kissed Clint and Athena made a retching noise which made Clint roll his eyes. 

"This is an agent of some kind" Tony said to Thor. 

"Gentleman, and Thena, this is Laura." Clint introduced her. 

"I know all your names." Laura smiled. 

"I like her" Athena declared, all the other avengers seemed to relax a bit.

"Ooh incoming" Clint warned and two kids- a boy about ten maybe nine ran in with his sister who looked six. 

"Dad!" The girl laughed.

"Hi, sweetheart!" Clint greeted, he kissed the top of the boy's head, "Hey, buddy! How you guys doing? Ooh..."

"These are...smaller agents." Tony said. 

"Shut up Tony" Athena rolled her eyes playfully and walked to the kids. "hey, I'm Athena, what's your name?" 

"I'm Cooper" The boy said. 

"Lila" The girl replied shyly, then turning to Clint she asked, "Did you bring Auntie Nat?"

"Why don't you hug her and find out?" Natasha walked forward. 

"Betrayal" Athena gasped dramatically. "You knew?" Natasha only shrugged. 

"Sorry for barging in on you." Steve said awkwardly.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead, but we were busy having no idea that you existed." Tony said in his usual sarcasm. 

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figure it's a good place to lay low." Clint explained. 

"Then how did a starving ten year old find it?" Athena questioned with mock sternness. 

Clint gave her an unamused look and turned back to Laura. 

"He shot me in the back" Athena tattled to Laura. She gasped and hit Clint on his arm, he looked at Athena accusingly, but the girl just stuck her tongue out. 

"Well, everyone double up" Clint clapped his hands. "Thena and Nat, Bruce and Steve, Thor and Tony" 

.....

"Do you want to read the Disney song book?" Lila asked Athena in her sweetest voice when all the Avengers and Nick Fury had gathered. As much as Athena wanted to listen to their discussion she nodded and let Lila drag her away. 

"Ultron took you folks out of play to buy himself time. My contacts all say he's building something. The amount of Vibranium he made off with, I don't think it's just one thing." Fury said.

"What about Ultron himself?" That was Steve. 

" Ah. He's easy to track, he's everywhere. Guy's multiplying faster than a Catholic rabbit. Still doesn't help us get an angle on any of his plans though." Fury answered.

Athena couldn't hear some of the discussion because Lila began singing. 

"I got no strings to hold me down

To make me fret, or make me frown

I had strings, but now I'm free

There are no strings on me"

Athena's eyes widened but she laughed politely. 

"What does this... Pinocchio guy want anyways?" Athena- who had never heard the story asked Lila. 

"Well... you see, he's a puppet. Geppetto, the carpenter wants a son so he makes Pinocchio. And Pinocchio wants to be a real boy so-" But Athena didn't listen to the rest of the story, she got up and mumbled an apology to Lila and walked to the adult conversation.

"Person bodies. The human form is inefficient, biologically speaking, we're outmoded. But he keeps coming back to it." Tony said. 

"I got no strings to hold me down

To make me fret, or make me frown

I had strings, but now I'm free

There are no strings on me" Athena recited. "Sound familiar?" 

"Ultron was singing that" Steve pointed out. 

"Yep, and what does Pinocchio want more than anything?" Athena asked, she was spelling it out for them. 

"To be a real boy" Clint gasped.

"Exactly, Ultron's going to evolve. He's made a body, many probably, he's going to be a real boy. Okay that sounds weird, but you know what I mean. He's going past the metal man stage." Athena pointed to her fixed tissue where she had gotten shot by the bunker. 

"Has anyone been in contact with Helen Cho?" Bruce asked.