Chapter 2 (Next Shift)

Chapter 2 Part 1 (Next Shift)

Gabby walked into the locker room to put her things away, as she opened her locker Matt walked in and opened his locker. They stood there silently for a few seconds. "Antonio says they're getting closer to finding Brett and Mills." Gabby says to break the silence "That's great." Casey says not looking up. "So you're staying at Antonio's?" He asked looking into his locker like it was the most interesting thing thing in the world. "Yeah I told you that remember?" She said slightly worried he'd be mad. "Uh-huh yeah...I just wasn't sure if you were still staying there or something you know..." Matt said trailing off. "What?" "You know you can come home if you want? Like you don't have to stay there..." He said hesitantly. Gabby sighed. "Yeah I know that and thanks Matt, but I just need some space to figure some things out you know. We just need some space from one another I think." She said sadly not wanting to look at him. "WE DONT NEED- Look Gabby we don't need space you just need to- Ugh I don't know it's just..." He said frustrated. "I know...complicated." Gabby said sighing "Hey Gabby!" Gabby spun around "Chout! So you're my partner this shift?" She asked him eyebrows raised. "Yeah! I was very excited when I found out I got to work with you again you're amazing. I heard you're a firefighter now? I bet you're just as amazing a firefighter as you are a paramedic." Chout said smiling. "Thanks Chout" Gabby said smiling and looking back at Casey. "Oh was I interrupting something? I'm sorry I'll leave. " Chout said noticing the tension between Dawson and Casey. "No it's okay Chout you-" All of a sudden the alarm sounded TRUCK 81 AMBULANCE 61 SQUAD 3 MAN TRAPPED CORNER OF WEST BROAD AND 3RD. Dawson looked back at Casey sadness I her eyes before running off after Chout to the ambulance. As Dawson was running the room started to spin. "Whoa." She said stopping short for a second and grabbing her head trying to regain her balance. Chout looked back. "Hey Dawson you okay?" He asked her worriedly. Dawson shook it off. "Yeah...yeah I'm fine let's go." She said running to the ambulance.

Chapter 2 Part 2 (Next Shift)

They arrived on scene and a woman ran over. "He's over here he's trapped under the car! I told him that he should have brought the car to a mechanic but he wouldn't listen!" The woman told them in obvious distress. Casey and Kelly shouted out orders and everyone ran over to help the man. After they got him out from under the car, Gabby and Chout loaded him onto the stretcher and ran back to the ambulance. "Chout I got this you drive." Gabby said "Okay" Chout turned and started to run to the front of the ambulance and Gabby got in the back and started to close the doors of the ambulance. As she was closing them she got another bout of dizziness. The whole room started to spin around and then she started to see spots in front of her eyes. Then, everything went black and she fainted falling right out of the ambulance and smacking her head on the pavement. Casey whirled around when he heard the sound of something hitting the pavement. When he turned around terror filled his mind when he realized who it was. "GABBY!" Casey yelled running toward her. Chout heard the commotion and got out of the ambulance to see what was happening when he saw Gabby laying on the ground terror coursed through his body and he ran over to her as fast as he could. "GABBY!" He yelled. "Don't move her!" He yelled to Casey. Casey got up and spoke into his radio. "We need a backup paramedic and another ambulance on the corner of West Broad and 3rd we have a paramedic down."