𝐯 𝐢 𝐧 𝐠 𝐭 - 𝐪 𝐮 𝐚 𝐭 𝐫 𝐞

Start from the beginning

"But who will protect me against Victoria?" She stated pitifully, trying to look like a damsel in distress. Edward scoffed.

"We are still going to protect you. We have to stop Victoria anyway, so we are protecting the whole town."

"If you aren't going to help me, Jacob will gladly do it. He was so sweet with me while you were gone..." She trailed off, trying to make Edward jealous.

"Great, I am glad you are close to him then," Edward concluded, not caring at all about the shapeshifter. Speaking of Jacob, he was waiting at the edge of the forest. He sent a small wave to them, feeling a little nervous and on edge that he was talking to a vampire. The trio got out of the Volvo, Bella almost skipping to the wolf.

"Jacob! I missed you so much!" She said sweetly, batting her lashes at him. The Black boy only looked at her weird.

"Um, hi, Bella. Do you know how much stressed Charlie was after you left? What were you thinking about?" He crossed his arms in front of his chest.

"Oh, please. I already apologize to him," Bella rolled her eyes childishly. Jacob only sighed and looked behind her to the mates.

"And who are you?" He probably should tell Sam about a new vampire living in Forks. Looking closer, he noticed some perks of gold in his eyes, even if it was mostly red. Without a second thought, he grabbed Bella and pushed her behind him, his instinct telling him to protect the human.

"Don't worry Jacob, Luca here is adapting to the animal diet, he will not hurt anyone," Edward held his hands out in peace, understanding why the shapeshifter was on edge.

"Fine, I think you should talk to Sam about it, though. Or I could tell him?" Jacob offered, earning a nod in return. "Good. I came here to remind you some things about the treaty," Edward, reading his thoughts, nodded rapidly.

"None of us have forgotten about it, don't worry. It won't happen," Jacob smiled lightly at him.

"What? What key point?" Bella chimed in, wanting to be apart of their conversation.

"It's alright, Isabella, you don't need to know," Edward stated coldly.

"No, I want to know! I should know, I am apart of this as well!" She whined. Jacob rolled his eyes and rubbed them, knowing she won't let it go.

"If any of the Cullens bites a human, the truce is over. Biting, not killing," Jacob turned around and tried to leave to La Push but got stopped.

"But if I choose it, it's none of your business!" Bella yelled at him. Edward and Luca exchanged a look. They voted no last night and she still thought she could be turned by them?

"If you... what?! No. No way, you can't be serious?" Jacob started to shake at that. She wanted to be turned into a blood sucking monster? He flinched at that thought, knowing he was going to get slapped by Madelyn when she'll learned he thought that about the Cullens.

"It's not your call if I choose it," The Swan girl raised her chin obstinately.

"Bella just- think about it okay?" He was tired of trying to protect a girl that was throwing herself into danger like that.

"Jacob, I love you," The said boy scrunched his nose at that. "You're my best friend. But... I can't change how I feel," Edward rolled his eyes at what she was saying and thinking. She really didn't understand. He didn't love her anymore, she haven't even loved him. And Jacob despised her too.

"What are you talking about?" Jacob was really confused now, sending a "help me" look to the vampires. Edward and Luca both shrugged, not understanding the girl either.