three

"Great ....just great" her trembling fist hit the ground in frustration "so fucking great ."
Without any clue of where a treant could come from instead of a forest, she moved her head to the side and questioned him:

"Do you know the way back ?"

Only " guru gra kya " came back from him. As if forgetting her indisposition, her brows knitted and her hand reached between her eyebrows pinching it lightly.

"Can you please talk again?"

"Kiaaaaaa."

She was sure. The treant was still a seedling despite his size. Young seedlings who didn't reach adulthood couldn't really comunicate and only understood roughly what someone else wanted from them and that was a big problem. A very big problem.

Because she couldn't really comunicate with him, she couldn't inquire from where he came from or, if he knew from where he came from at all.

She ,indeed, wanted to help him ,but not in a million years wanted to end babysitting a seedling. Hopefull, she returned her attention to the nymph.

"Can't you take care of him ?"

The nymph shooked her petite head and sighed as if thousand of burdens were already on her delicate shoulders. With a spontaneous idea she helped the girl to sit on her bum and formed in the air a sigil of green light.

" Bai...Is that your name ?"

The nymph grinned and made another sigil.

"My name ?" She paused unsure of what to do. Leaving traces behind was the last thing she wanted, but the friendship to a nymph was a rare and precious thing that came only in thousands of years. Maybe it was acceptable if she didn't divulge it all. "Eli. You can call me that."

The nymph formed with her plump lips the name Eli, but no sound could be heard. She
paced back and forth in little but steady steps and her hand constantly touched her own chin in wonder. As if a light bulb light up over her head, her whole body stopped for a moment to only be turned around brutally to face Eli once again. Big signs and letters and even images out of light were given generously and in big ample movements by the nymph.

"You want me..... to..... ask a forest troll for help?" she asked in disbelief.

Again the nymph nodded.

"Oh, no way. You won't see me ask for help from those little malevolent pieces of dirt and shite."

To which the nymph frantically gesticulated and ended crossed-armed ,pouting like a chipmunk.

The seedling didn't seem to quietly get the theme of their discussion,so he reassuringly reached after the human female and put an woody hand over her shoulder,his eyes now bigger than ones of the biggest baby she ever seen. He fixed his eyes on hers. He had glassy and pure eyes, his naivety streamed out of every crack on his body and crashed into her, to which a loud and clear " Ma-ma" followed.

Eli was astounded and speechless for a second.

"Oh,heeeeell naw. I ain't your mama." She speedily removed his hand. " I am too old to be a grandmother ,let alone a mother." Her shoulders sagged in defeat." Where do I find that troll again?"

With a very detailedly painted leaf as a map and one big woody cry-baby as a companion, she stealthily treked trough the forest, keeping an open eye for any dangers.

Not having experience with children made her feel exhausted even after an hour of walking.  She had to make much more pauses during their journey because of the siedling's low stamina and aside that it was a struggle for her to keep her plant companion perfectly hydrated. To keep the seedling away from losing too much water in case she couldn't find any in the future, they tipptioed aroung the sunny openings of the forest, avoiding sunlight as much as possible.