[15]: A New Era

2023 Tony's Cabin

HOLLAND STOOD WITH BUCKY BARNES as Steve and Sam were standing near the new miniature quantum tunnel that Bruce built to return the stones. "Now, remember... You have to return the stones to the exact moment you got 'em, or you're gonna set up a bunch of nasty alternative realities." Banner said.

"Don't worry, Bruce. Clip all the branches." Steve said as he closed the case that the stones were in.

"You know, I tried. When I had the gauntlet, the stones, I really tried to bring her back. I miss her, man." Bruce said, and Holland slightly hung her head. She missed Nat too.

"Me too..." Steve said.

"You know, if you want, I could come with you," Sam said to him as they started to walk over to where Bucky and Holland were standing. Steve had a smile on his face as he saw the two of them holding hands. He was glad the two of them were finally reunited, and that they were all reunited with each other. 

"You're a good man, Sam... This one's on me, though." Steve said, and then he approached Bucky and Holland.

"Don't do anything stupid 'till I get back," Steve said. That was his and Bucky's signature phrase, just like Steve and Holland have theirs. Bucky smiled at Steve's words.

"How can I? You're taking all the stupid with you," Bucky said. Holland let go of Bucky's hand so that Steve and Bucky could hug, and then Steve looked at Holland.

"And what are we?" He asked as Holland's eyes glistened with tears.

"Family... always." She said as she threw her arms around Steve and squeezed him tightly. She took a deep breath. She knew Steve was coming back, they had a conversation about it and he said he was done living in the past. He said it wouldn't make sense to leave them, but she was still nervous about something going wrong. 

"How long is this going to take?" Sam asked Bruce.

"For him, as long as he needs. For us, five seconds." Bruce said. Steve also picked up Mjolnir because he had to return that to Asgard. "You ready, Cap?" Bruce asked, and Steve nodded his head. "Alright, we'll meet you back here, okay?" Bruce said.

"You bet," Steve said as he nodded his head, and then the helmet from his quantum suit came over his head.

"Going quantum. Three... two... one." Banner said, and then Steve disappeared. "And returning in five... four... three... two... one..." Banner pressed another button, but Steve did not come back onto the platform.

"Where is he?" Sam asked.

"I don't know. He blew right by his time stamp." Bruce said.

"He should be here," Sam said. Holland nudged Bucky and pointed ahead to the bench where she saw Steve sitting. She smiled when she saw his rich blonde hair. He returned the stones and came right back, just like he said he would. "Get him back," Sam said.

"I'm trying," Banner responded.

"Get him the hell back!" Sam snapped.

"Hey, I said I'm trying!" Bruce exclaimed.

"Sam..." Holland said in a softer tone. Sam turned around and walked over to Bucky, and Holland and Holland gestured up ahead. Bucky, Sam, and Holland all walked forward to see Steve sitting on the bench and he had something with him. Holland and Bucky stepped back to let Steve and Sam talk and when Steve unzipped the circular bag he had, the shield was inside of it.

He was going to give it to Sam.

Holland leaned against Bucky as they watched Steve and Sam talk. Sam was shocked that Steve was going to retire the shield, but Holland was just happy that the four of them were together again and that they would be. "I'm really glad he decided to stay. I don't know what I would've done without him." Holland said and Bucky smiled. 

"Me too." 

THE END

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

Next is The Falcon and The Winter Soldier, and I'm so excited.

Don't forget to vote/comment. 

xoxo.