[04]: The Snap

2018 Wakanda

HOLLAND AND STEVE HAD VISION SECURED, and Wanda soon joined them where they were. But then Holland noticed that the air had gotten chillier, and she knew it had to mean that Thanos was here and he was nearby.

"He's here, Steve... I can feel it." Holland said. Steve looked at her and nodded his head before he tapped his earpiece.

"Everyone, on my position, we have incoming," Steve said. By now, Sam, Bucky, Rhodey, T'Challa, Okoye, and Natasha had joined them on the field they were at, a separate place from where the main battle had taken place.

"What the hell..." Natasha mumbled.

Then Banner turned around as he saw Thanos coming through a portal. Everyone could see him from where they were, and he could see everyone too. "Cap... that's him." Banner said. His presence felt chilling. Holland felt a sense of impending doom as soon as he walked through.

"Eyes up... Stay sharp." Steve said as he started to advance on him. Banner went first, and Thanos took him out with the space stone, and then he took out Steve with the power stone. Holland stayed near Wanda, and she listened to Vision tell her it was okay, and then she looked at Wanda.

"I'll hold Thanos back if he comes this way; you just focus on Vision." She said. Wanda nodded her head as tears pooled from her eyes, and it broke Holland's heart. She knew exactly how Wanda felt, being put in a position where you essentially have to kill the love of your life, only for Holland, she was able to break through and didn't have to kill Bucky.

Because she knew it would've broken her if she did.

As Thanos fought his way through the rest of the Avengers, Holland's hands started to glow blue as Thanos walked their way. He was about to use his Infinity Stone, but since Holland was experimented on with the Tesseract and the Tesseract gave her the powers that she possessed, the blue fire that she shot out was a match to hold Thanos back. Wanda turned around to see Holland holding off Thanos, and Holland looked at Wanda and nodded her head.

"I'm so sorry..." Holland whispered to her. She knew it couldn't make up for what Wanda was doing, but Holland's heart did break for Wanda's. Holland felt the moment that the stone broke; it sent out a sonic blast. She let her powers drop from Thanos, and she immediately knelt to Wanda as Thanos walked over to them.

"I understand, my child. Better than anyone." Thanos said. When Wanda lifted her head, she had a murderous look in her eyes.

"You could never." She snapped.

"Today, I lost more than you can know. But now is no time to mourn. Now is no time at all." Thanos said as he walked past them. Holland's eyes widened as she saw the green of the time stone glow; obviously, she did her research on the other ones since she was experimented on with an infinity stone. Thanos used the time stone to piece Vision back together.

"No!" Holland and Wanda yelled at the same time, and Thanos easily hit them away from him. Then he reached into Visions head and grabbed the stone; his entire body turned grey. Thanos threw him to the side and added the mind stone onto his gauntlet. He now had all of the stone.

Thor came flying down, and he threw his ax at Thanos as Thanos had shot out the power of the stones, but Thor's ax continued to come until it impaled Thanos in his chest and brought him down to his knees. Holland looked up and let out a breath of relief. Maybe they had won.

"I told you... You'd die for that." Thor said to him. He referred to when Thanos took the space stone from them, and he killed Heimdall and Loki in the process. Thanos yelled as Thor pushed his ax further into his chest.

"You... should have... You should... You should have gone for the head." Thanos said as he brought his hand up and snapped. His hand was now singed, and Thor was looking at him in horror.

"What did you do? What did you do!?" He shouted. Thanos disappeared back through the portal, which made Thor's ax drop, and Steve looked up.

"Where did he go?" Steve asked as he started to look around. "Thor... where did he go?" Steve asked.

"Holly... Steve..." The pair heard. When Holland turned around, her eyes widened in horror to see that Bucky was starting to turn to ash.

"Bucky!" She yelled as she quickly ran over to him. "No..." Bucky didn't know what was happening, so before he disappeared completely, he looked at her.

"I love you, Holland." He said, and then he disappeared completely.

"Bucky..." Her voice cracked as she started to cry, and then she looked up at Steve. "What... what just happened?" Holland asked as she looked around.

Steve looked at her and felt just as helpless because he also had no idea what was going on. Steve and Holland walked over to Vision's body, and Holland gasped when she saw that he was grey, and his head... the gaping hole in his head. Natasha ran over to them and had the same reaction when she saw Vision. She grasped her stomach as a loud gasp came from her lips.

"What's going on? What the hell is happening?" Rhodey asked. Steve fell back onto the ground; he was completely defeated and had no idea what to say.

"Oh my god..."

⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎⇎

I told you the Infinity War portion was going to be very short, haha. Endgame is next.

Don't forget to vote/comment. 

xoxo.