Chapter 3: One Month

It was finally Monday. The day TJ, and Cyrus, and Buffy, and Marty would go on their double date.

The school day went by slower than usual. Math was especially dreadful for TJ, but thankfully Buffy was there to help him.

What would he do without Buffy Driscoll?

And what would Cyrus do without TJ Kippen?

Cyrus was having a rough time with History class, but with TJ's help, it wasn't so bad. They had study dates practically every night, and it was a big help for both of them.

It was finally the end of the school day, and the gang decided to meet at The Spoon.

It was a familiar place, not so much on the romantic side, but it was great for their first monthiversary, especially for their double date.

"I can't believe this is finally happening," Cyrus said. "Double date. After one month."

"I know," Buffy said. "This is really cool. I'm glad you came up with this idea, Cyrus."

"You know me," Cyrus said, sitting back in his seat and adjusting his shirt collar so it would flick out. "I'm the idea guy."

They chuckled at the nickname he gave himself. Cyrus Goodman was one of a kind, and they were glad to have met him.

Amber walked towards them with their plates in hand.

"What's this?" Buffy asked as Amber place their food on their table.

"Since it's your one month, I decided to order this for you." She said. "It's on the house. Plus, employees get a discount."

She set down two strawberry smoothies, both with two straws and a big basket of baby taters.

"Best sister ever," TJ said.

"Thank you, Ambs," Marty said.

Buffy looked at them. "I still can't believe you guys are childhood friends."

"I know right," Cyrus said. "I was mindblown when I found out."

"Like I said. It wasn't really a secret." Marty said.

After their meal at The Spoon, they decided to go to TJ and Amber's house and watched a cheesy rom-com.

By the time Amber came home from work, it was getting late, and Buffy and Cyrus had to go home.

Buffy pecked Marty on the lips, and TJ felt the awkwardness ensue. He and Cyrus had never kissed before, and he wanted it to be special.

He had talked to Marty about it a few days earlier.

"Just wait for the perfect moment if you really want it to be magical." He said.

"I never know when the right time is," TJ said.

Marty had told him about how Buffy and he got together at Andi's party.

The party that had started it all.

It was a monumental day for the two couples, and they couldn't wait to have more of them.

The trio went to the treehouse again after Amber had showered and changed into something more comfortable. It was always their favorite spot since they were little, and they were glad that they still had it.

TJ texted Cyrus while Amber and Marty searched for a movie to watch.

Amber threw a piece of popcorn at TJ, and he finally looked up from his phone.

"Cyrus again?" Marty asked.

TJ smiled, and that was all the confirmation they needed.

"You're so cute together." Amber ruffled his hair.

"You know, you should really talk to Andi." TJ shifted the conversation.

She sighed. "Not this again."

"You started it," TJ said. "I mean it, Amber. If you really want her to be your girlfriend, you have to talk to her."

"Hey, who wants a smoothie? I'm a professional at making them." She got up. "I'll be right back."

Marty chuckled. "Anything to avoid her feelings."

"Yeah, especially eating her feelings."

Marty's phone pinged with a notification.

"Buffy?" TJ asked.

Marty just smiled and laid back on his back.

Amber walked back to the treehouse with the three smoothies in her arms.

"A little help here?" She asked, trying to get them to open the door for her.

They grabbed their smoothies, helping her up the ladder.

"No 'thank you?'" She asked. "I miss you guys when you weren't in relationships."

"Oh, you're just mad because Andi's not your girlfriend," Marty said. "She would be if you would just ask-"

She interrupted him. "I don't even know if she likes girls."

"Look, I was at Andi Shack the other day, and I saw a pan flag at her desk," TJ said. "Plus, her whole room is filled with those colors."

"So what? The colors don't mean anything."

"They might."

"Keyword, 'might.'" She said. "I just don't want to make a fool of myself in front of her and lose our friendship."

"I know how that feels, Amber, and it doesn't feel good to just sit there and do nothing about it,"

TJ said. "You were the one to convince me to finally make a move and look where Cyrus and I are now."

"But Andi and I aren't like you and Cyrus."

"So? You don't have to be. Look, all I'm saying is give it a shot. It might pay off."

Amber sighed. "I need to be alone with my thoughts."

"I think I'm gonna head out too," Marty said. "Mom wants me to join her on movie night, and I can't miss 'Footlose' for the fifth time this month."

TJ chuckled. "See you tomorrow?"

Marty nodded. "You bet."