"Good, 'cause I don't either. This place looks like a bunch of giggly, gossipy girls threw up all over it." You said as your face twisted in disgust. "Let's go to the Three Broomsticks instead."

"And that is why I asked you out." he said, holding out his arm for you to take. You laughed at his comment as you took hold of his arm, both of you making your way to the pub.

"You can go find us somewhere to sit and I'll get us some butterbeer." James said as you both walked inside.

"Okay," You replied, making your way to a small booth in the back of the pub. You sat down and waited for a little bit, when finally James came back with the drinks.

"One butterbeer for the lady." he said, placing it down in front of me.

"Why thank you." You laughed. You picked up the cup and took a sip as James did the same.

It was a bit awkward for a few moments until James finally spoke up. "Hey, remember that time Sirius put hair dye in your shampoo and you had pink hair for like a week?"

You sniggered at the thought, thinking about how scared Sirius looked when you declared you were going to kill him for it. "Oh, yeah. I remember that." You reminisced. "That was also the day I realized I could not pull off pink hair."

"Really? I thought you looked good." he said nochanotnly.

You blushed a bit at his comment. "You're just saying that because you feel like you should."

"No. I'm saying it 'cause it's true."

You smiled at him and took another sip of your butterbeer.

The conversation from then on was light and easy, and it made you fall for him even more.

...

As you guys were about to leave the Three Broomsticks, James insisted on paying.

"James, seriously, it's fine." You pleaded. "I can pay for my drink and you can pay for yours. It's only fair."

"No, I'm not letting you." he said firmly, already grabbing his money. He quickly placed it down and grabbed your hand, dragging you out of the pub.

"James!" You laughed as he kept directing you away from the place.

"I couldn't let you pay." he shrugged.

You signed in defeat as you both slowed down to a walking pace, and you realized that James was still holding your hand. The warmth from his touch made it feel like it wasn't as cold as it actually was outside.

James looked down and noticed it as well, and when he looked back up, you saw a big grin on his face.

"Well, if you're ganna pay for our butterbeers then at least let me buy you something from...Zonko's." You said, stopping in front of the store.

"I mean, only if you really want to." he said.

"Yes, I really want to."

"Okay, let's go!"

He rushed towards the entrance and ran in, still keeping a hold on your hand, and you saw his eyes light up with excitement. You laughed at his childishness.

"Here. You can pay for this." he said after being in the store for about twenty minutes, taking out an item from the many things that were piled in his arms. You raised your eyebrows at him. "What? You said you wanted to buy me something. You didn't exactly specify how many things."

"Yeah, okay, whatever." You said, a smiled creeping onto your face. You honestly couldn't handle how gentlemanly he was being.

You both payed for everything and went back outside, the cold immediately nipping at your face.

As you were walking, you felt your hand brush up against James', and surge of confidence ran through you as you grabbed ahold of his hand.

He looked at you and smiled, and you returned the gesture.

Your last stop was Honeydukes, and you bought some candy for yourself and some chocolate for Remus, as you knew the full moon was coming up soon.

You and James walked back up to the castle, back to holding hands again, and when you got in front of the Fat Lady's portrait, James stopped you.

"You know, I had a lot of fun today." he said, turning to face you as his hand fell from yours.

"Me too." You smiled.

You both stared at each other for a moment before the Fat Lady broke the silence.

"Oh, will you two just kiss and say the password already? I'm getting a bit bored here."

You shrugged and grabbed ahold of James shirt, pulling him towards you as you crashed your lips onto his.

He immediately kissed back, and you couldn't help but notice how soft his lips were.

His hands made their way to your waist, and you felt shivers down your spine from his touch.

You finally pulled away after was felt like eternity, and turned to the Fat Lady, who had a smug look on her face.

You said the password and walked in, seeing Remus, Sirius, and Peter scattered around on the couch and armchairs.

"Hey guys!" You said brightly, taking a seat next to Remus on the couch, James following behind you.

"What did you guys do?" Sirius asked slowly.

"What d'you mean?" You said.

"You guys are just really smiley right now." Peter interjected.

"What, we can't be happy?" James said, taking a seat next to you.

"No, but you look like your glowing." Remus said, directing his comment towards James.

"Isn't that what people usually say to pregnant women?" You said, thinking out loud.

You all looked at each other before laughing.

You turned to look at James, and even after going on whole date with him, it still felt so surreal to you.

<3