"DiNozzo?"

"(F/N), listen. Luke shot Gibbs-"

"What?!" 

"He's on a US ship in surgery. You need to stay calm."

"I'm coming."

"What? No, when he's out of the woods. They're gonna transfer him to Bethesda. Meet him there." 

"Tony, I can't just-"

"You're pregnant. You can't travel on a cargo plane like that. He'll be home in about two days. His doctor will call you when they make it. I have to go. Bye, (F/N)."

"Tony!"

"Yeah?" 

"Catch this bastard." 

"I will."

Hanging up, I stood up and felt my heart racing. Placing a hand on my large, pregnant, belly, I looked over to Jethro's desk and saw a new pregnancy picture we just took. It was of him kneeling in front of me and kissing my belly, my fingers threaded through his hair. On the bottom of the picture was scribbled, in Jethro's hand-writing, 

'Twins!'

Heading up to Leon's office, I knocked and before he answered, I walked in. Leon was on the phone and when he saw me, he held up a finger. Nodding, I sat down on his couch and when he finished his call, he came sit next to me. 

"I just talked to the Captain on the ship Gibbs is on. Are you okay?"

"I'm pregnant and my husband is on a ship thousands of miles away, seriously injured. And I can't be there with him."

"Husband?"

"And I won't be able to see him until he gets to Bethesda in two days."

"Wait, wait, wait. Back up. Did you say husband? When did that happen?"

"It didn't. It just slipped. Can we get back to me?" 

"(F/N), Doctor Taft is an extraordinary doctor. Gibbs will be fine."

"And if he isn't? I can't raise two kids by myself. They'll have those blue eyes, I already know. How would I look at them and not-"

"(F/N), you won't be alone. Gibbs is gonna pull through. Always does." 

"And if he doesn't?"

"We'll cross that bridge if we get to it, but we won't. I'm telling you." 

Two days later, I was sitting at home and my phone started ringing, the caller ID coming up as 'Unknown'. 

"Hello?" 

"Agent (L/N)?"

"Yes?"

"Hi, I'm Doctor Taft. Agent DiNozzo told me to call you when I got Agent Gibbs to Bethesda." 

"I'm headed there now."

"I'll see you when you get here." 

When I got to the hospital, I asked for Jethro's room and the nurse at the front desk escorted me there. Walking into his room, I felt my heart sink and sunk into the closest chair. 

"Is there anything you need, Ma'am?" The nurse asked, worried about me and I shook my head, moving to the chair closest to his bed. Holding his hand, I lowered my head and cried, silently.

"If there is anything, the red call button."

"Thank you."

After she left, I brought his knuckles to my lips and kissed them, softly. Leaning my head on his bed, I closed my eyes and fell asleep, unknowingly. I don't know how long I was out, but I woke up to two men talking and fingers running through my hair. Sitting up, I saw Jethro look down at me and smile softly, his doctor was checking his charts. Standing up, I rested my hand on his cheek and his doctor spoke,