"Then what do you want me to do?", I asked her.

"I wanted you to at least discuss with me before you auditioned. Now you got the role. If you at least told me that you were planning on auditioning, I'd have planned things differently.", she said.

"Ok I'm sorry about that, but I told you a week ago that I might have to move. I wanted to talk about it. You knew but you constantly kept putting it off.", I said, starting to get frustrated.

"YEAH, WELL HARRY'S THE ONE THAT TEXTED ME, NOT THE OTHER WAY AROUND!", she said, getting frustrated as well.

"EXACTLY, THEN WHAT WOULD YOU HAVE DONE EVEN IF I TOLD YOU BEFORE AUDITIONING?", I shot back. Fighting with y/n hurts me, but my career is important too.

"BUT I DESERVED TO KNOW!", she said, throwing up her hands.

"DATING YOU DOESN'T GIVE YOU AN AUTOMATIC TICKET TO CONTROL ME!"

Y/n looked at me for a few seconds, a look of hurt and disbelief in her face. She slowly muttered, "wow.", with a chuckle. A rear rolled down her cheeks.

I stared at her, my face ablaze with fury, tears in my eyes, threatening to fall any second now.

"i didn't say either yes or no to Harry. Because I wanted to discuss it with you first. Because you're important. I couldn't just take a decision without talking to the most important girl in my life.", y/n said to me. My fury converted into sadness as I sweeped her into a hug.

"oh, that means a lot y/n. But let's face facts. I can't just drop whatever I do just be with you.", I said.

"of course not. That's part of why I did not say anything to Harry yet.", she answered. I waited for her to continue as she pulled away from the hug.

"but... did you even think of me when you auditioned for a role that would require you to leave this entire continent?", she asked me.

"but wasn't that our plan? you and I both snag a perfect career, I snag you, then we drive off into the sunset together?", I asked her, confused. She drew further away.

"Yeah but that was with each other.", she said to me.

"Calm down, y/n. It's a different country, not mars. You'll find plenty songs to write, once you're sipping mimosas beneath palm trees.", I said, rolling my eyes.

"Is that what you think my work is? Just laze around randomly playing a few instruments with a laptop?", she said, her eyes screaming 'surprised and hurt'.

"C'mon y/n, you knew living together like this would've been tough. It would take a little sacrifice".

"Funny, it seems like I'm the only one who's trying to sacrifice anything in this relationship.", she said, getting angry all over again.

My mouth twisted into a snarl.

"So should I settle for the second best just because my girlfriend thinks that the rest of the world is going to sink into the ocean?", I said, putting my hands on my waist.

"no i-"

"if you really loved me, you wouldn't have asked me to do that!", I said, the anger starting to go up to my head. I could feel my veins pumping and my face reddening.

For a few seconds, all she could do was stare at me, open mouthed.

"is that what our relationship's come to? Either you give up your dream or I do?", she asked, softly.

"apparently."

There went a minute of silence until Y/n finally spoke up again.

"Millie, I can't do this. Not like this.", she said, timidly. I whipped my head up to look at her, shocked by what she just said.

"if working in the movie is what you really want, then go. But I can't come with you.", she said.

"what are you saying?", was all I managed to utter.

"Millie, I love you. And you deserve the best of everything. If you think that moving away is the best path for you, then take it.", she said. A dull ache settled in my heart.

"But if you really love me, then you'll let me follow my own dreams", y/n said. My voice got caught in my throat.

"y-you're... breaking up with me?", I asked her, my mind going through an emotional rollercoaster. The dull ache in my heart, changing into a sharp pain, like someone was shooting arrows into my heart.

"it's clear we want different things.", she said, looking down. I felt a tear roll down my right eye.

I could feel all the colour drain from my face. I reached forward to cup her cheek in my hand. The hand was trembling.

"I hate this. I hate feeling like my heart's breaking, and I hate knowing it's because you're right. But...", I trailed off before I could finish the sentence.

"But what if I give up my life goals to help you chase yours, and then you end up resenting me? Then you'd lose me anyway", she said, looking directly at my wet eyes.

Tears pooled on my lashes as I threw my arms around her neck. She hugged me back fiercely before pulling away.

"I'm.. gonna go pack a few things..." y/n said as she walked out.

"y/n please don't do this. Its almost going to be a year since we're together. We can try long distance.", I called out to her, my voice shaky.

"you and I both know that isnt going to work. It might have, if we were normal people, but with all the interviews, fan meets, work... we'll not be able to make time for each other.", she said softly as she turned around the corner; leaving me on my knees, my heart broken. It hurt even more when I knew that all of this was mainly my fault. My breath got stuck and I struggled to breathe. Did I really love y/n so much, that separation from her was almost killing me? I fell on the bed on my right side as tears rolled down my eyes. I lay there on the bed, my eyes widened and my mouth slightly open, suddenly feeling this absence inside my heart. Everything felt numb, as I laid there, unmoving and incapable of doing anything as only one thought circled my mind....

"how could she do this? how could she end things in just a snap of a finger? How could she?"

😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩😩

bruh. what was this.