That Isn't Your Color

The kiss only lasted for a few seconds, but to for me it was an eternity. Jayden's kiss was soft and gentle. It was nice and it was everything that I dreamed it would be. But it wasn't the same.

Jared's kisses did things to me that I can't explain. Jayden's kiss just made me feel a couple butterflies. Jared's made tingles explode everywhere and my knees grow weak. And for a minute I wish Jayden was Jared. Stop thinking about Jared. You barley know him. Jayden is fricken kissing you. Isn't this what you wanted.

Jayden pulls away and I open my eyes. His eyes are still closed and he takes in what he just did. An awkward silence fills the air and I feel bad for not kissing him back. Suddenly his eyes flitter open and search mine as if there's gold behind them. then he looks down at his feet.

"I should go," he states. I search for emotion in his voice, but I don't detect any."I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." I open my mouth to say that its okay, but nothing comes out. He walks back down the side walk, not looking back once. I stand there until I loose sight of him.

Dress. I turn and walk in the other direction, towards the mall, thinking of what the hell just happened. Did he just try to apologize? Why did he kiss me? Did he change his mind? Does this have anything to do with Jared and me earlier?

I shake my head as I near the mall doors. I walk in and brush against people at the mall. Beacon Hills isn't the biggest town, but at the mall it seems like we're freakin Hollywood. Other than school, the mall is the only place I know where there's always at least a hundred people around.

The store I was hoping to shop at comes into view. Glicks is what I call perfection. It has all the clothes I wear for a reasonable price. From fancy dresses to sweat pants and baggy shirts.

I walk in and head towards the corner where the dresses are, dodging people left and right. My eyes fall on a rack that has an assortment of colors and I start to look for the perfect one.

Pretty soon I find about four dresses that look good. I take them to the changing room and quickly change into the first one. I unlock the door and step out a little into the store where a body mirror is banging on the wall.

I'm wearing a pink, flowing dress that goes down to about my knees with plastic diamonds around the chest. It's a strapless member and it looks pretty good on me.

Suddenly there's a loud whistle right behind me. I whip around to flip off the asshole who thinks he can get away with that, but stop as I realize who it is.

"You look good, Archer," Jared winks and I roll my eyes.

"And you look just as good as a land fill, Smith," I retort, joking. He brings his hand to his heart and paints a sad face on his incredibly annoying cute face.

"Ouch, that hurt," he whines. I hold in a laugh, but end up smirking at him."Yeah well, pinks not your color. Try something else," he states.

"Whatever," I mutter. I walk back to my changing stall and put on the next dress. I strut out in a dress that looks exactly the same as the pink one, but this time it's sea blue.

"How about this. Is this my color?" I smirk, knowing I'm being a smartass. He laughs a little and see he gets I asked the question on purpose.

"You look pretty, but it still doesn't have that wow to it," He smirks.

"Of course it doesn't," I mumble getting a little annoyed. Why is he making this so difficult? I thought each of these dresses looked fine on me.

I change into the last dress I have hoping this will please Jared sight so I don't "accidentally" punch him. I walk out once more and look in the mirror. I can see Jared's face in the mirror and feel accomplishment as I see his eyes widen.

I'm wearing a black strapless dress (yeah, I kinda have a thing for strapless dresses) that flows down to my knees in the front and stoops down in the back. It has a belt right below my boobs with a diamond in the middle of the front, also making my boobs a little bit more noticeable, but not like a slut.

"Now this one says wow," says coming up behind me. I smile in pride and accidentally blush a little. Then I see his face change to a disapproving look.

"Well..... Actually, now that I think about it, pink really is your color," He says. I shoot a glare at him and punch him lightly in the arm at his joking remark. He smiles and I can't help myself at smiling back at him.

"Did you know you could break your hand punching someone like that?" He says, taking my hand in his. Tingles shoot up my arm and I try not to act like he's affecting me right now. I shake my head.

"Make a fist," I do as he says and he grabs my thumb lightly."If you have your thumb over your fingers, you won't break your thumb," he moves my thumb to where it lays perfectly across my fingers.

"Try it," he says bracing himself. I smirk and punch him in the arm. He smirks back at me.

"Is that the best you can do, princess?" He teases. I smile and punch him even harder this time. He budges a little bit and I feel victory. He grabs the spot on his arm where I punched him twice.

"Okay, let's take a break," he laughs. I laugh along with him. I hear giggling across the room and I instantly freeze.

I know some girls giggling shouldn't be such a big deal, but these weren't any girls. These are my best friends, the ones I haven't told about Jared. Panic starts to rise in my stomach. What if they see us?

I look around frantically for a place were we could go and not be seen by their prying eyes. After a minute of scanning, I find the only place is the changing room. Oh god.

"Is everything okay? You look like you just lost a thousand dollars and can't find it," Jared asks me, a little worried.

"Umm.... There's no time to explain. just follow me," I grab his hand and take off towards the stalls. I push him in there and soon follow after him. I lock the door and wait to hear their voices.

"Look. If you wanted to be alone, you could have just told me without having to drag me in here," he says, leaning forward. I put my index finger to his lips.

"Shhhhhh! They'll hear us," I whisper. He gives me a confused look.

"What are y-" I cut him off by putting my hand over his mouth and shushing him once more. The giggles get closer and then suddenly stop.

"Malia?" Zamora's voice splits the air. "Is that you?"