𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐇𝐚𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐌𝐚𝐧𝐬𝐢𝐨𝐧

Start from the beginning

I find myself alone, standing before the imposing edifice of what locals dub a haunted mansion. I decided that it was best for Miyeon not to join me, considering the potential dangers. We were unsure of what awaited us, so I thought it prudent to venture alone, not wanting to put her at risk.

Let's go back to the present. Here I am, before the mansion's grand entrance. How did I manage to get here? Interestingly, the main gate was unlocked and wide open.

As my mind began to swarm with questions, the door eerily swung open on its own, much like a scene from a horror movie.

I stepped inside the mansion. Contrary to the terrifying descriptions, it was beautiful and intriguing. Upon entry, I couldn't shake the feeling of being watched, or perhaps, it was just my imagination playing tricks on me.

Something else struck me as odd. I had assumed that an abandoned house would have no power, yet the lights were on. Could it be that a caretaker or perhaps someone else is currently living here? I might be intruding, but I had been told the mansion was deserted for years.

Pushing my doubts aside, I ventured further in. I had expected a filthy, cobweb-infested interior. However, what I saw was quite the opposite of the stories I'd heard.

How could an abandoned mansion be so well-maintained?

This was indeed perplexing. I figured someone must be caring for the mansion. If I encounter them, I'll explain that I'm here to investigate the strange tales surrounding the mansion. If they wish for me to leave, I'll respect their wishes.

I continued my exploration. Everything seemed antiquated. Portraits, antiques, furniture, a rocking chair — all were present, yet I experienced nothing out of the ordinary. No eerie feelings, no spine-chilling sensations. It all felt surprisingly normal.

Am I abnormal?

This mansion is simply too stunning to be ignored. I can't help but wonder why its owners would abandon such a beauty.

What a waste.

Up to this point, I hadn't encountered anyone. I found myself pausing before a flight of wooden stairs. Intrigued by what could be upstairs, I decided to ascend.

I was met with a sight of five doors. Four were ordinary, but one stood out - a door of... gold?

Drawn to its uniqueness, I approached the golden door, grasped the handle, and swung it open. What I saw inside left me utterly speechless.

The lights are on, and the room is immaculate

The lights are on, and the room is immaculate. A flurry of questions whirls through my mind. This entire situation is shrouded in mystery.