blights

There was a soft humming in my ears, which brought me to open my eyes. The room I had slept so comfortably in held little to no luminosity, leaving me to wait a moment or two in order for my eyes to adjust.

My chest was slightly weighed down, I’d noticed, with my beloved’s body. A small smile played at my lips, though I struggled to thwart it off. I was afraid that even the smallest movement would stir my sleeping darling.

My darling, darling lights. An odd name, perhaps, but it did suit her well. She had an absolutely radiant glow about her at all times, and her smile was absolutely captivating.

I could hear her breathing; light sounds escaping from her parted lips. She nuzzled my neck a bit, making herself more comfortable.

 The warmth from her body filled the cool sheets, spreading through our bed and combining with the heat that came from my skin. Together we burned, but not through temperature-through passion. We loved like no other, living as the moon, and the sun. we sacrifice for the sake of each other, compromising and promising their light would never have a shadow cast over it.

 Our bodies fit together perfectly. We were each others missing puzzle piece until we found each other. Oh, am I so glad we found each other. Who would I have become had I not been claimed? Would I have been domesticated? Would I have ever matured? All these had no perfect answer, though I wouldn’t really care to know if they did. My life was great, marvelous even, as it was now.

With my fingers intertwined with her own, I held the back of her frail hand to my lips, planting a soft kiss on her skin.

She was perfect, and she was mine.