Chapter 13

This chapter is dedicated to Lance Sweets (BTW Sweets is still alive in this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!), as in season 10 he dies (so sad). So... Please enjoy!

In the car, Booth gets a call.

"Okay Bones, turn the truck around. That was Sweets, he says that he needs to speak to us. Didn't say why." Booth said.

I frown but turn the truck around and head to the the FBI building.

Upstairs about 20 minutes later, we are sitting in Sweets' office, waiting for him.

"Dr Brennan, Agent Booth, I'm glad you could find time to come." Sweets said, walking through the door.

We both turn around and look at the kid.

"Sweets, we were going to talk to the President about the case we're working on. This is gonna have to be quick." I said to the young psychologist.

"Well, anyway, I'm so glad to be informed that you too have finally seen the lust and connection between you too! So congratulations Brennan, Booth. I hope that it's going to be a fabulous wedding!" Sweets says.

"Uh, who told you?" Booth asked.

"Angela. And Daisy, and Cam and your friend Anastasyia. They were all at the lab just now." Sweets says.

"Anastasyia is my sister. I didn't even know she was my sister until she showed up. Apparently she was able to look me up and find where I worked. That information should not be on the line, but whatever." I said.

Booth and Sweets exchange a look. "What?" I say looking at the pair.

"Bones, it's online, not on the line." Booth says gently.

Somehow or another I still make the same rookie mistakes as I did years ago. Oh well.

My phone starts buzzing and I pull it out. The caller ID reads Angela. I wonder what she's calling about.

"Hi Angela, what are you calling about?" I ask.

"Nothing big, but the museum daycare that Cristine goes to won't let her go today. They're making her leave for today because she-" Angela starts.

"WHAT'S WRONG WITH HER?" I nearly shout, standing up off the couch in Sweets' office.

Booth looks worriedly at me.

"Brennan, she has a fever." Angela says.

"How high?" I ask.

"104.6 degrees." Angela says quietly.

"Oh crap. Hold on, I'll take her to the doctors. Can you pick her up and hold her for 15 minutes until we get there? Please Angela?" I ask.

"Sure sweetie. I'll go pick her up and watch her until you and Booth get here." Angela says with a sigh.

"Thank you Ange. I owe you like five things." I say hanging up and grabbing my coat.

"Booth, Cristine has a fever of 104.6 degrees. The day care is making her go to the doctor. We have to go. Angela is watching her until we can get there." I say. "Sorry Sweets."

We race out the door.

"Wait, Dr Brennan, Agent Booth, I'm not done talking. Maybe we can talk in the car." Sweets says getting up.

"Fine, but hurry. A fever of 104.6 is not healthy and barely viable for even a child of Cristine's age." I say quickly.

*Sorry for long wait on update! Been swamped with school work and friend issues. Here's another part of a chapter to love!!!