Chapter 4

At Hospital:
"Booth and Brennan to see the OBGYN for ultrasound." I say, with a hand protectively around my fiancée.
"Alright. You're all checked in,the doctor will be right with you. If you could just wait here please." The nurse said.
We sat down, and I started flipping through the stupid Hollywood gossip magazines and Booth pulled out his phone and went over some emails from work.
"Brennan and Booth?" A nurse called.
We stood up and followed her to a waiting room. "Dr Montgomery will be right with you." She said as she closed the door, but not before giving me a paper tablecloth.
By the time Dr Montgomery arrives, I'm all set with the nice paper tablecloth I was provided with, and in the bench.
"Hi Dr Brennan and Mr Booth. I'm Dr Addison Montgomery, and I'll be your OB for the remainder of this pregnancy. Now Dr Brennan, could you put yourself in the stirrups please and scootch a bit please. Thank you. Now, let's check out this little guy, shall we?" She says, while flipping in the clear gel. "This is gonna be a bit cold." she warns.
"Alright. Here we are. Hi baby!" Dr Montgomery says. "Let's see, it's too early to find the sex of the baby just yet, but we can see if the baby is healthy." She said. She moved the wand to a lower position on my abdomen and got a clear shot of the face and the baby 'waving' at us. "Okay, heartbeat sounds good, and all health concerning organs that have been formed by now are perfect. Just come back at the 16th week for another ultrasound and we can find out the sex of this little guy. Oh, it looks about 8 weeks, give or take a few days. You both have a clean record so far. Oh, I forgot to ask. How's Cristine doing? Have you told her yet?" Addison asks us.
"Cristine is good, and no we haven't told her yet. But planning on it tonight at dinner." I tell Addison. She was the same OB I had for Cristine, and I trust her. Even though Cristine was born in a barn. Addison monitored Cristine during the rest of the pregnancy.
"Oh one more thing Temperance," Addison says. "Take it easy! Cristine was born two weeks early because you were always moving with her. So try and stay a bit more relaxed and delegate more work this time. I'll be keeping up with Mr Booth on you. Addison says.
"Oh Addi, Booth is my fiancée. We got engaged earlier today." I tell her.
"Ahh, well I'm glad to see somebody is going to be pestering over you again Temperance. See you in 8 weeks!" Addi says as we walk out the door after I get dressed again.

Back at lab:
"So I found some particulets from under the victims fingernails. Just some dirt that matches the samples of where she was found, and nail polish. But what was interesting, was I found some skin cells that didn't belong to her. I had Angela ID them and they belong to a Dr George Lancôme. Lives in DC, with his wife and two kids. Should I tell Booth and Brennan?" Jack Hodgins asked Cam.
"Tell us what Hodgins?" I ask the squint.
"I found dirt, nail polish and skin cells that don't belong to our victim. The skin cells. Our victim was wearing nail polish. The dirt came from where she was found. But the skin didn't. Angela and I IDed the skin to match a Dr George Lancôme of DC. Has a wife and two kids. Maybe our victim worked for them, or Dr Lancôme was afraid of an affair getting out. Maybe she threatened him about something." Jack said.
"Okay people. Let's stick with the facts. Booth and I will go talk to the family. When we get back, you better have something for me." I say, walking out with Booth behind me. He takes my hand after we leave the platform, knowing that everyone from the SquintSquad will be watching us.
"So babe, Dr Lancôme's family lives in DC. Let's go talk to his wife is possible." Booth says, opening my side of the car door for me.
"Thanks babe. Yeah, talk to the wife, and if she's not there, Dr Lancôme, see if he knows anything, admit to the affair, anything like that." I say getting into the car.

So they talk to Dr Lancôme's wife, who had to push back her charity event for the hospital. She admired she knew about the affair, but didn't know who the other woman was. Mr Lancôme returned home and excused his wife who looked emotionally hurt but numbed to it to go to her charity event.

"So Mr Lancôme, you had an affair with a girl named Izobel Winters. How did you know her?" I say.
"Way to be subtle, Bones." Booth whispers.
I give him the evil eye. He back off.
"Izobel and I were friends. She was a backup nanny for our kids. She and I hooked up a few times, but it wasn't serious! I stopped it before I thought Eline had a chance to find out. But she knew. I didn't do any harm to Izobel. She was great with the kids, and a great person! I really liked her a lot!" George said.
"I'm sorry to tell you this, Mr Lancôme,but Izobel is dead. We believe she was murdered. We are looking into it now." I told him.
"And you suspect me?" George said.
"Well, ye-" I was off
"You and your wife are suspects. We would like the two of you to stay in town until the end of the investigation. Thank you." Booth said.