𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐠𝐭 𝐜𝐢𝐧𝐪

Tara lies down in bed as she tries to find a way to spend the rest of her day

Tara lies down in bed as she tries to find a way to spend the rest of her day. She looks towards the face of the clock to see that she had five hours till sunset. A bunch of ideas run through her head until she finally finds one that she thinks would suffice.

Tara's face lights up and she walks over to the windowsill, seeing the very alive city right in front of her eyes.

"Why don't I go explore some more?" She asks herself, her eyes trailing to the metro card hanging near her wallet. She cranes her neck, shrugging some,

What's wrong with wanting to go explore some?

"Screw it." She mutters, putting her shoes back on and grabbing a random crossbody from off her rack. She throws her phone, wallet, and headphones into the bag, along with other random things. She starts to walk out of her room, but pauses and grabs the metro card, stuffing it in her phone case.

She throws the bag over her shoulder and starts to stomp down the stairs, catching Atlas's attention.

He looks up and cocks his head sideways, wondering why his sister would be going out. Tara seems to realize why he was staring at her and turns around, shoving her hands in her pocket, a habit she had seemed to gain from her childhood.

"I'm going out to go do some studies for school." She tells a half-truth, she was going to get some art practice.

But she was also going to go explore.

Atlas nods, going back to scrolling through his computer. Tara lets out a small sigh that she didn't know that she was holding. She starts to make her way to the doorway but Atlas's voice stops her,

"Be back home before sunset."

Tara turns around, nodding to reassure him,

"Of course."

*

Tara skips down the street, keeping her eyes open for the nearest train station. As her eyes scan the flat land, her phone starts to ring. She checks her watch and finds out that Juni was calling her. Her hand presses her headphone and she picks up the phone,

"Hey, Juni." Tara greets her over the phone, shoving her hands in her pockets.

"Hey."

"What about me?" She hears Frida scream in the background. Tara rolls her eyes, chuckling quietly,

"Hola, Frida."

"Hi, chica." She hears Frida respond, acting like she didn't just yell at Tara a couple of seconds ago. Juni starts speaking once again,

"So, how's Versailles?" She asks and Tara could imagine her batting her lashes when she says the name of the town.

"It's pretty good." Tara gives them the generic answer, walking into the crowded train station.

"How's the boyfriend?" Tara hears some shuffling come from Frida and she assumes that she had just snatched the phone. Tara rolls her eyes and swipes the card on top of the gate, the lower portion now loosening and allowing me to officially enter the train station.

"There is no boyfriend Frida. We're just friends." Tara's tongue naturally says Frida's name with her French tone of voice, clicking her tongue as she looks for the train that she wants to take. Frida's voice suddenly becomes teasing,

"Sure. And I hate tattoos." She says sarcastically before the phone gets snatched from her,

"He- Anyways, the reason I called you was to ask you about the cover of the book." The phone gets snatched from Frida and I start to hear Juni's voice again.

"Mmhm." I make a noise to show her that I was listening as I walk down the corridor, checking the times for the train.

"Where are you? It sounds really loud?" Juni asks and Tara looks around, and sure enough, there are lots of people all around her.

She couldn't really blame them, it was a Tuesday and for some reason, Tuesdays were always the busiest in Versailles.

"I'm in the train station. What happened about the title?" Tara asks, having already found the time of the train. Now all she had to do was find the right track.

"Oh yes, the title. Do you want credit for the title? Like the artwork?" Juni asks, and Tara could hear leaves rustling in the background, telling her that Juni was probably tending to her plants.

"Oh my gosh- I swear. What is it with the french alphabet and wanting to sound alike." Tara curses out loud. She was trying to figure out which letter track she was on since in French, E sounded like "ugh" and I sounded like "e".

It was a struggle.

"What?" Juni asks, clearly confused. Tara stops for a minute and gives Juni the answer that she wanted,

"I do want credit, but I gave it to you as a present, so you don't have to give it to me," Tara mutters, tightening her hold on her back and she settles herself down into a nearby chair.

Tara hears Juni squeal briefly and says something, but it was cut out since the service wasn't very strong where she was at.

"Huh?" She asks Tara to repeat what she was saying but suddenly the phone hangs up, letting the music resume. Queen resumes playing through her earbuds as she tries to locate the station. Her head cranes at the newer board and she sighs in relief when she finds out that it's station e, which was two minutes away.

The empty train's door opens and Tara slowly steps into the train. She decides to take a corner seat, so the chances of somebody sitting next to her are lower. The train slowly starts to fill up, leaving lots of space for more people.

And then it happens.

A man walks in, in black jeans and a sweatshirt that Tara would die to be wearing right now. His hair was black and he had these doe eyes.

And a bandana on his belt.

Tara's eyes widen as a small gasp comes out of her mouth,

It was grouchy pants.

And in comes our favorite airport man! 

And for real, when I was learning the French alphabet, it was a struggle. I kept on confusing my e's and my I's. It was pretty hard to spell and write with speed until later.

Never mind that, I hope that you're having a great day/night!

TPWK!

-Sky